Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
This evening:

IMG_0344.JPG

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
45 miles in the mid day sun :becool: 1:30 - 4:10ish

found some hills to 'practice' for the Big G, well 'Trundlegate' near Newbald circuit 'twice'
First time 9mph, second time round 6mph :wacko: though not quite as hyperventilating as the first time

Felt a bit dehydrated this evening :blush: even though having two bottles

get a commute in tomorrow as the weather looks less 'kind' after that for a few days.

asterix

Comrade Member
Yesterday, really. Cycled to the top of le Grand Puyconnieux a local viewing point at the start of several rivers, it is 492m but since I was at 420 m to start with not a huge achievement!

P1000614.jpg

P1000639.jpg

P1000610.jpg

Attachments

• P1000614.jpg
    P1000614.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 41
  • P1000639.jpg
    P1000639.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 49
  • P1000610.jpg
    P1000610.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 50
I grabbed the opportunity the opportunity to get a wee ride with the DCC yesterday; when I woke today the sky was blue again today, two days in a row :rolleyes: , so I gave into the temptation and went out for their Sunday ride, great weather, great company and great cafe's :smile:

We stopped for a pic at one point it was so nice; I'm doing a good job of hiding behind other folk :smile:
5896899008_d774c5f189_z.jpg
Another Photo is up now on the club site, without me spoiling the view ;-)

267851_160047190730168_141267365941484_329296_1152176_n.jpg

Attachments

• 5896899008_d774c5f189_z.jpg
    5896899008_d774c5f189_z.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 28
A Mid Lothian Tour. Is Mayfield / Newtongrange Scotlands worst driving capital? Seems to be a mixture of ancient Toyota Land Barges driven by the over fed mixed in with small hatchbacks with dustbin size exhausts. Can't imagine the life expectancy of a cyclist to be more than a few weeks.
Map & Pics

Nice pics, now I know why the ERC turn left (east) at Dalkeith and avoid Mid Lothian :smile: East Lothian is not bad but its the only Scottish council without any speed cameras, so you occasionally get a numpty :sad:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Was way out east (for me!) yesterday too. Drove to Linlithgow, train to Haymarket then took the bike path (NCN1) out to the Forth road bridge. Across the bridge and back, then by road to Winchburgh before going onto the canal path back to Linlithgow.

Another one of the "things to do on a bike" ticked off the list :smile:.

DSC00010.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 25
Was way out east (for me!) yesterday too. Drove to Linlithgow, train to Haymarket then took the bike path (NCN1) out to the Forth road bridge. Across the bridge and back, then by road to Winchburgh before going onto the canal path back to Linlithgow.

Another one of the "things to do on a bike" ticked off the list :smile:.

You'll have to do it again when the east side of the bridge is open :thumbsup:

Do you know when the east side will be open, I'm looking to do a "round of the forth" As I have already pedaled over the west side I am having to wait till the east side is open. I find in difficult to pedal the same road twice!

Feta have left it pretty open (so as to speak), the official line is it'll be closed for at least a year :rolleyes:

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
50 glorious miles, suns shining, light winds, just a nice steady ride and despite just not hurrying, still managed 15.5 mph average.
2 red kite and 1 Buzzard, ironically Buzzard are not often seen round here.
Peterborough to Kings cliffe, onto Corby, backtracked to Oundle then through various villages back to Peterborough.
Nice field of poppies just outside Weldon (Northants)..only the mobile camera so it doesn't do it justice. Lovely rolling hills...
03042012088.jpg

Scary 35mph descent near Harringworth, picked a poor line and hit every lump and bump in a poor road, felt like my eyes were popping out of my head :ohmy: . I thought the bike was going to shake itself to pieces !!!!

Attachments

• 03042012088.jpg
    03042012088.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
Not good, that will be a wasted mile if I have to retrace my tracks :-(
How are you supposed to get onto the bridge from the north? I found myself pedaling the wrong way on the dual carriageway, well at least the wrong way through that massive lay by, a lorry driver pulling in smiled and gave me the thumbs up. Guess he was pleased to have missed the chaos he thought I was about to cause.

Nice bit of balancing, is that your helmet you are using? I often use bits of sticks etc and then watch in horror as it clatters onto the tarmac before I get the picture took.
:biggrin: :biggrin: It is !!!..took me about 6 attempts to find 'just the right spot'. Couple of times, i walked back to take the piccy...:ohmy: :ohmy: ...and a quick lunge back to stop it going.

D

Deleted member 1258

On holiday this week, had a short ride to Ye Old Pound Café at Henley In Arden today. Met up with some old cycling mates I don't see very often, spent two hours gossiping in the café, then a gentle ride back with one of my mates. Rain started as we rode through Lowsonford and continued all the way Home, Coventry, but didn't spoil the ride. 44 very enjoyable miles covered and its been a very good day.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Forgot to post about Sunday's ride. Took the kids to Sherwood Piones, as a mate was taking his nine-year-old. We did a lap of the Kitchener trail which has had some improvements and was bone dry and fast as hell. Cubette lost her front wheel on the edge of the path and bit the dust , but bravely continued. I got to try out a full suss Giant trance which to be honest wasn't as much fun as the hardtail on the majority of the trail. Still, I played on it in the skills area and can see the attraction.

The other family went home after the first lap, but we stayed on and did a second lap. It was pretty hot and we definitely earned another bottle of pop when we got back!

Cubist

Still wavin'
Spent the day waiting in for a package to be delivered, and had to drive to work once it had arrived. The kids have swim training on a Tuesday and I often sit on the poolside reading for an hour. I decided to put the bike in the car and plotted a ten mile lumpy ride from Brighouse to Hipperholme, to Bailiff Bridge to Cleckheaton to Clifton and back to Brighouse. The climb up to Scholes from Bailiff Bridge took me by surprise, but the descent down into Brighouse from Clifton was awesome! I've decided I'll repeat hat every Tuesday from now on, a quick 45 minute jaunt while they swim.

Not good, that will be a wasted mile if I have to retrace my tracks :-(
How are you supposed to get onto the bridge from the north?

I'll see if I can find a GPS track of it but you cross under the A90 at the Inverkeithing roundabout and take the NQF (North Queensferry) Road, half way along it on the left you'll see a ped barrier and a steep short narrow path to the West side of the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom