Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
One of the few nice days so for this summer; so off I went and had a fantastic ride today. Largs to Gourock via Loch Thom, then a wee boat crossing to Kilcreggan. Around Gareloch and the Faslane naval base, then across Glen Fruin to Balloch. From Balloch over to Gartocharn to visit relatives, then back to Balloch train station.

Train to Kilpatrick (I had a ticket to Glasgow and onwards to Largs, but it was a nice night) where I cut the train journey short by getting off and riding across the Erskine Bridge, past Glasgow Airport and into Paisley for the train home. 62 miles and no rain :biggrin:. Please let us have more days like this!!

Timmo

Just got back from a 15 mile ride. First time I've been out in 2 months! Didn't realise it was that long until I thought about haha

Stinging Nettles were bloody everywhere i'm stinging all over now. :smile:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
37 miles for me in the :sun: :sun: :sun: went past Redesmere, Tabley Mere, Shakerley Mere and Tatton Mere. That a lot of meres. :whistle: Averaged 19mph and I wasn't even pushing it. :biggrin:

GrasB

Veteran
Rode back from london with my new bike; a Baccetta Giro ATT 26.

Oh, it hurts, it hurts... I'm wondering if it maybe not the best idea to do a little over 60 miles in less than 3 hours on your first 'bent.

colly

Re member eR
Early morning ride (5.15) out to York via Wetherby, Selby then back to Leeds. Glorious sunshine all the way :biggrin: Just under 60 miles. Got back in just about 9 in time to organise breakfast in bed for my mrs. ( garnering brownie points):biggrin:

I didn't have any brekkie so had to stop and fill up on carbs about 15 miles from home.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
A fifty kilometer Audax, Linton Locks, organised by York CTC. A very pleasant bimble with a cafe stop every 16km or so! It was a very warm ride.

I grabbed the opportunity the opportunity to get a wee ride with the DCC yesterday; when I woke today the sky was blue again today, two days in a row :rolleyes: , so I gave into the temptation and went out for their Sunday ride, great weather, great company and great cafe's :smile:

We stopped for a pic at one point it was so nice; I'm doing a good job of hiding behind other folk :smile:
5896899008_d774c5f189_z.jpg

Adasta

I went out for a 40km ride yesterday through London.

Highlights were the two chaps (at different times) who jovially tried to race me. I was dawdling since I didn't have a fixed route. When I saw that I was being overtaken by BSOs, I knew the rider was enjoying overtaking a "roadie". I changed down a gear and accelerated past them without much effort on both occasions, but it was all well-natured.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Did 43 mile ride in the morning. In the afternoon, Mrds F fancied getting out on her bike (thi sis unusual) and we did 23 miles more
cool.gif

Rezillo and I went out for what was supposed to be a moderate ride round one of our regular routes, bearing in mind it was ruddy warm even at 9:30 this morning when we set out. Due to our complete inability to avoid egging each other on we did a 30 mile ride round Mid Suffolk at an average of 18.4 mph, the fastest we've ever done this route. This included a lung wrenching blast up Kenton Hill ( not very long but steepish for Suffolk) at 23 mph according to the video and gps. Not bad for a couple of oldies!

Spent the rest of the day vegging out on Walberswick beach with the family, life doesn't get much sweeter.....

Gordon

pepecat

Did the Bham Skyride today - total 16 miles. The OH came too on my n+1/2 a piece of crap that pretends its a bike.... and also cycled 16 miles - she's now complaining long and loud about how sore she is!:tongue: I was dead impressed that she made it so far though, and now she's idly thinking about getting her own bike. I will convert her yet.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom