Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Circuit round Stamfordham round to wards Belsay and back to Pont via Milbourne road- 15.5 miles in 52 minutes- fastest yet for me
... perhaps it's time to get a road bike!

Home from work, looking forward to a nice ride in good weather (on my bike which I have only had since last Friday). 1 mile down the road/bridleway feel it's getting bumpy....damn puncture........limped home and spent the next half an hour repairing it. Gave up on the ride then :sad:

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Lovely jaunt up onto Portsdown Hill, then down the South Coast way down the East side of Portsea island, stopped on the seafront for an ice-cream and then reversed the route back home again. I was reckying the route for a charity walk that I'm helping to organise; the route itself is 8 miles long, I ended up doing 35.
biggrin.gif

Coming back in rush-hour was amusing; I do love the wooshing sound that cars make as I go flying past them with a big grin on my face! I do wish drivers wouldn't go into autopilot when sitting in traffic though, one dozy bint was right over in the cycle lane, I had to pick my way past her and I put my face right down to her windscreen and loudly said, "you're driving in the cycle lane". She didn't even register that I was there, glazed look in the eyes, so I gave up and cycled off!
wacko.gif

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Just come back from an impulse ride in a smallish loop through the hills. And very steep they were. I had to get off and push for one which just went on and on and on and on and on....... And failed to break the 30mph barrier on the last downhill stretch home thanks to a rudely placed lot of roadworks with the light on red. Harumph!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
75 miler... upping the mileage in prep for 100 mile N Rock Cyclone in June... I now have a very stiff knee... not good
ohmy.gif
Great ride though but... did some of my fave hills... billsmoor, gibbett, ryals.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Was going to go out for a 20 to 30 miler this morning but the heavens opened up so took the kids swimming instead. No rain this afternoon so thought I would push myself on a short loop. 12 miles at just under 21 mph average. Happy with breaking evens on an unplanned ride on the road bike. :biggrin:

mr_s81

Über Member
This.

Weather held remarkably well and the scenery was beautiful. Felt a bit 'funny' this morning (dry throat etc) which is usually a sure sign that the flu or something equally unpleasant is en route. Anyway, I thought I would go out a while and see how I went. In hindsight I'd maybe have been better staying at home! The lack of apparent energy started to manifest itself after about 30 miles, but unfortunately at this point I was 25 away from home!

I made it home by the skin of my teeth (thankyou tail wind) so all's well that ends well! My current resting heart rate of 90bpm would suggest that something is amiss (it's usually >60!)

Lesson learned for next time. If my body tries to tell me something, listening is better than going out and hoping I feel better! :blush:

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
last training ride on tandem before next weekends 16 miles of weandel ride and we did 15.8 miles in just over 1hr 15 so quite a nice ride with a few hills to boot

Toeclip

Guru
Out this morning for my first ride in just over a week, just a 20 mile spin around the local lanes. Funny thing is since I took early retirement I`m doing less cycling!

brockers

Similar to me. FINALLY recovered from a cold and not been out for 2 weeks, but smashed it round the lanes for an hour and a half. Could have been the hill reps I did last time I was out, but I was FLYING today! Funny, one of those days it felt like there was a tailwind all the way round too. Makes a change.

asterix

Comrade Member
Had a very pleasant ride around the local hills, temp around 27c and a light breeze. At one point I bought a wagon-wheel - 145cm diameter - good nick too. (Mrs A. is rather keen to have a wagon wheel to put out the front. ) Will have to pick it up in the van tomorrow. Very happy with my improved hill-climbing so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom