Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
A fifteen mile pootle in a loop taking in Shadwell, Wike, East Keswick and Harewood. The head wind and hills provided suitable resistance to progress.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
No buddies today so went out solo for about 2 and half hours skirting the borders of 3 counties - lovely route, hills (up and down ones), single track lanes, gated road (gate always open!). The sun was out, nice conditions even though it was quite windy, overcast and spitting with rain afterwards so got the best of the day.

Toeclip

Guru
Bump into an old club mate in the lanes outside Brentwood, so we decide to ride together, so Blackmore to Norton Heath cafe for a cuppa followed by Willingale, Roxwell to Writtle and Loves Green. Then into Ingatestone, Billericay and a spot of rough stuff along Bind Lane to miss the boot sale traffic at Dunton. Then along the A128 and over the Halfway House roundabout to West Horndon and along St.Marys Lane to Pike Lane for another cuppa. I got home at 2.30pm with 53 miles done, bit windy at time and we didn`t see much of that sun, but at least we didn`t have any rain either!

Was a bit let down by my riding buddy today who cancelled our planned ride at the last minute and then turned up wanting to go out for coffee! But yesterday I was in London with another mate and we ended up getting hold of two boris bikes. We pootled all over the place and I managed to huck mine off some steps in regents park getting some proper air*!

*beer may or may not have been involved

Toeclip

Guru
Out again this morning just to stretch my old legs after yesterday`s ride, just rode over to Horndon-on-the-Hill and back so just over 25 miles done. Had a few spots of rain but not enough to even wet the road, wind was much lighter than yesterday too.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
:whistle: My first entry in here for what seems like ages. Been off cycling generally (struggling for motivation), just sticking to commuting...but circa 29/30 miles extended commuting today. Legs feel good despite feeling generally lethargic for a few weeks. Hopefully this'll spur me on a bit.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
20 miles last night. To Matfen and back- strong and steady wind going out but fun coming home!

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I had a great into Taunton and back this morning, other than the jacket-on-jacket-off stuttering at the start as it tried to make up its mind about raining (it didn't). Cars behaved beautifully, I was the only cyclist I saw who didn't ride on the pavement or RLJ *sigh*

And, as a bonus, I went into a tearoom for a well-deserved cuppa after restraining myself and only buying 5 books in the Oxfam shop, and my best mate and his daughter were in there. Huzzah!

pepecat

.....was crap.

14 miles.
Was too hot, headache, felt a bit sick (maybe the porridge I had for breakfast)?, every bloody pedal turn hurt (pretty much), and something walloped me in the right eye not long after starting out and i've had a sore eye since. And neck / shoulder pain. Was just one of those days........

Don't feel like i'm getting ANY fitter after all this cycling....... it's not getting out of breath that's the problem it's the thigh muscles just above the knees that burn like hell after no effort.....

Went to decathlon this afternoon and bought some glasses with 4 interchangeable lenses, so hopefully that's one problem sorted!

postman

Squire
Just short of Ilkley via the back roads .Weston/ Askwith .Funny sort of weather hot and sticky ,jacket off jacket on .light rain ,then sun .Neither one or the other .It had better be good on Thursday we want to go to Embsay railway ,just after Bolton Abbey .

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
.....was crap.

14 miles.
Was too hot, headache, felt a bit sick (maybe the porridge I had for breakfast)?, every bloody pedal turn hurt (pretty much), and something walloped me in the right eye not long after starting out and i've had a sore eye since. And neck / shoulder pain. Was just one of those days........

Don't feel like i'm getting ANY fitter after all this cycling....... it's not getting out of breath that's the problem it's the thigh muscles just above the knees that burn like hell after no effort.....

Went to decathlon this afternoon and bought some glasses with 4 interchangeable lenses, so hopefully that's one problem sorted!

You have got your saddle high enough havnt you Pepe ?..maybe worth checking it hasnt slipped without you noticing.
I had the burning after i'd rebuilt a bike and forgot to check saddle height. Instantly better once raised.
Just a thought...

Geez I'm unfit. I went out with the faster DCC riders tonight, there was only 5 of us (including me) and they were averaging 22mph+ into a strong headwind; needless to say I only lasted about 6 miles before being dropped. I know my cones are pitted and my wheels are heavy, I have a bit of a cold and Tikka Masala isnt great energy food (tastes great though :tongue: ) but it really showed how unfit I was; if I had all those things fixed/right I probably would have only lasted an extra couple of miles. So after being dropped I just went up to Kincardine and back via Oakley (about 31 miles in total) they probably done 40 in the same time or less.

pepecat

You have got your saddle high enough havnt you Pepe ?..maybe worth checking it hasnt slipped without you noticing.
I had the burning after i'd rebuilt a bike and forgot to check saddle height. Instantly better once raised.
Just a thought...

Interesting....... Hmmmm. I haven't altered saddle height at all since I got it (what i thought was) right for me. I figured it was just me being unfit. But its always the thighs just above the knees that burn. Rest of the muscle is ok.....
I'll raise the saddle a nip and see what happens.....

Don't everyone's legs burn when they cycle??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom