Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Went out on the Langster for an early evening ride, did 46 miles. The roads were still quiet, the sun was out but it was windy most of the way round, but luckily it was behind me on the homeward stretch. Hemel - Bedmond - St.Albans - Harpenden - Redbourn - Gad Row - Ashridge - Aldbury - Berkhamsted - Home.

on the road

Über Member
Did over 56 miles, over the Runcorn Bridge, through Lymm and then over the Warburton Bridge.

jayonabike

64 miles today, glorious sunshine but the wind was blowing strong, very strong in places! Plotted a new route through Buckinghamshire, nice quiet roads and rolling terrain with beautiful views of the vale of Aylesbury & the Chiltern Hills in the distance. Hemel -> Gad Row -> Studham -> Dunstable Downs -> Eaton Bray -> Slapton -> Wing -> Whitchurch -> Aylesbury -> Wendover -> Tring -> Berkhamsted -> Home.
Bluebell.jpg
This was taken near Studham, the lane goes through the woods. Both sides were covered in bluebells, I had to stop & take a picture

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Quick 23 miles at 8:30am - up over Mellor, Hayfield, chunal, Chapel Brow then down into Charlesworth, Broadbottom and home. 2500ft of climbing. Decided not to come down Chunal into Glossop as those winds were ferocious ! Great views from Chapel Brow !

jayonabike

27 42 miles Today. Took my lad out for a spin, met up with a mate then cycled to Dunstable Downs for coffee & cake then cycled home again. A nice sociable sunday ride

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
A very leisurely "stroll" to the village and back with the dog, but absolutely wonderful nonetheless. Been laid for nearly a fortnight but I get the impression that I haven't lost as much fitness as I've been worrying.
laugh.gif

Munchkin100

Went out on the Langster for an early evening ride, did 46 miles. The roads were still quiet, the sun was out but it was windy most of the way round, but luckily it was behind me on the homeward stretch. Hemel - Bedmond - St.Albans - Harpenden - Redbourn - Gad Row - Ashridge - Aldbury - Berkhamsted - Home.

Nice route :-)

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Did the Ups n Downs ride today, started getting shooting pains in my knee after a few hills, decided to cut the ride short & follow the shorter 'fun route' instead - 45 miles
Highlights of the day... Attacked by a HariKari Bumble Bee & nearly taken out by a dozy bint with spacial awareness issues!!
The Bee - started on a nice downhill, glanced down at speedo, just hit 26 & lots more hill to go 'Come on' I thought to myslef, then looked up in time to see the worlds biggest bee haeding staright at me - It exploded all over my glasses!! Half my water & emergency tissues later & I was good to go, Bee guts do not taste nice!
What comes down must go up...steeply!
Dozy Bint - Battling up a steepish bendy hill, sign at bottom states Single Track with passing points.. Half way up, I can hear a car behind, glance over shoulder, gold coloured convertable right on my ass, i'm sure if she had revved her engine anymore it would have shot through the bonnet, on a hill that steep there was no way I was stopping, she would just have to wait till the next Passing Point, she starts to pull along side, I glance at her, at that point i could hear very loud diesel engine coming down the hill, something which the convertable driver would have been totaly unaware of with her iPod earphones in!
I started to shout pull back & wave her behind me, but she decided that was the monet she wanted to overtake, her wing mirror brushed my hand! So she shoots past, right on a bend & into the path on oncoming farmers Jeepy, her only course of action was swing back to the left & slam her brakes on.. Then take her foot off the clutch so the car roll back - right into me!
I slammed my hand on her boot, she hit the brakes "Gosh I totaly misjudged that" "Yes you bloody well did" "Well it's not my fault you're riding so slow, you shouldn't be on the road" "neither should you" "Why do you cyclist always have such a bad attitude" and roared off...!
Thnak you farmer type person for getting out & making sure I was OK

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Matlock to Wilmslow for me today 42 miles, lots of climbing, lots of sun\sun burn and average of 18.74 mph with a top speed of 48.6 mph on the A6 between Bakewell and Buxton. Long Hill in Whaley Bridge was a nightmare with wind gusting in all directions threatened to blow me off the road on a couple of occasions, but made it back ok.

Need to go and find Mrs H71's moisturiser as I am rapidly turning beetroot red :angry:

A slow 110 miles for me today, paced my self to what I think is the highest road in Fife (East Lomond just 1,109ft).
Image0079.jpg Image0082.jpg
You can see Arthur's Seat, honest!
I was expecting a hard climb though but it wasn't I wish I had went a decent pace now, c'est la vie.
I then decided to go to what I think is the most eastward road in Fife at Balcomie Golf Course. Image0087.jpg
Found out that they've reopened the abandoned airfield at Crail, its now a drag track and full of petrol heads, I timed it wrong and they were all leaving as I passed. On the whole though these seem to be friendly folk, patient, waiting to pass and passing wide; it gives them a chance to rev up their big engines :tongue: There was a certain element, desperate to overtake, into oncoming traffic, on the bend, or to back of a queue, the common element here seemed to be a ned'ed/chav'ed up Corsa. C'est la Vie :rolleyes:

bornagainst

Über Member
Saw the weather was looking nice, so headed out just in a general inland direction - Crosby > Ormskirk > Eccleston and back-ish. Did 101km (which is good for me), and saw a lot of other cyclists out and only had 1 idiot in a car.

Lovely day other than the crazy blustering wind, which seems to have affected everyone today.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
windy 19 mile loop with added bonus of mrs craigwend accompanying me - children were on a sleepover :hello:

- nice change to have comapny on the ride & we could not remember the last time we wen't out for cycle ride together :wacko: ...

odd meander of a few miles with children occasionally, though more time checking all okay etc, rather than riding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom