Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davehann

14km round trip commute was augmented by a 14km burn at lunchtime (in under 15 mins). i am getting stronger.
(and today was upposed to be a rest day!)

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
A nice hours, if cool blast around the flats

everything has sprouted in the fields of yellow oil seed ...

I managed to get a nice 33 miler in. I had one muppet try to kill me but everyone else was superb.
I don't know anybody in Oakley (my ride went through there) but I had a nice cheery wave from some bloke there. I finished up going over the Cleish Hills and was greeted by the Kinross Cycle club at the top; they must have just finished a hilly TT :becool:
Although after the ride I think I'll make Bonj happy and take the guards off (famous last words summer is here) ;)

asterix

Comrade Member
A nice little shopping trip.

My tourer has been hibernating for too long so I dragged it out of the shadows, put on new brakes (Avids with Massi blocks), new mudguards (black this time) and stuck the panniers on.

The supermarket is 10km away along very nice rolling countryside and I thought it'd be a good run to build up the fitness. Since it was short I gave it some welly - it's surprising how quick you can hustle along on a tourer - and got the shop over and done inside 70 minutes. Much nicer than going in the van.

Oh, and found a rather good pair of adjustable pliers, presumably under-bonnet droppings.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Mine was an uneventful 10 miles back from my "L"BS, with new bottom bracket
smile.gif
firmly in place (Mrs)

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
I've been off the bike for the past 8 days due to an infected insect bite to my left ankle; it happened about 6/7 weeks ago and despite antibiotic treatment, it did not get better. Last week, it was very painful, walking was difficult and so was weighht-bearing so it was back to the hospital, again. I expected a quick incision, express the pus, dry dressing and possibly more antibiotics - incision was OK but there was no pus! Dead skin was removed from the site and I was given antibiotoc ointment so that Mrs Hippo could redress it every day. I came away with an appointment in 10 days time (18th) and strict instructions 'No cycling till your next appointment!' I disobeyed the doctor's instructions about no cycling today (16th) and went for a short ride (32kms) - it was nice to get out on the open road again if only for a short time.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Angst riddled after eating more pies yesterday than I'm prepared to admit to, I did 30km this morning into Leeds city centre, along the waterfront and back home via the Leeds Liverpool canal. I was in the city centre for 8:30 and it was glorious. I was taken aback by the amount of redevelopment and new build along the canal and I found bits of Leeds city centre that I'd not seen before.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
20 miles, average speed of 12.4mph, countless hills, 2 aching legs, 5 pies, 16 spicy sausages, 1 small block of Jersey cow cheese, 4 pints of milk, 3 litres of orange and mango juice.

edindave

Über Member
I got a text from my brother last night, he wanted to go for a ride so my planned 100 miler was put on hold; chapeau to him though it was a good 80 miler including the Logie Kirk road. We got back pretty early (having left early) so I put in another 35 miles after I left him and got my century after all.

Jeezo that is a serious climb at 22-ish miles.
I'm still on rides wi the Dev group by the way lol ;-P Am thinking week after Kinross for my first 945.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom