Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
30 miles through Potters Bar, Essenden, Hertford, Brickenden, Bayford, Newgate Street, Northaw, Potters Bar, Barnet.

brockers

35 miles down through Beckenham, Tatsfield, down the North Downs to the blessed Pilgrims Way, then up Brasted Hill to Cudham, and back in through Bromley - with a Headwind all the way. Did the same ride on Friday and there was a tailwind all the way ! Forced myself away from the Paris-Roubaix on t'interweb, but mighty glad I did.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
54 miles. Hemel, St.Albans, Gad-Row, Dunstable Downs, Aldbury, Wiggington, Bovingdon, Hemel. Glorious sunny afternoon, shame I had to come home.

snorri

Legendary Member
A most enjoyable 40 miles in warm :sun: , longest daily distance for some time as prolonged gales had limited mileage recently. First day of the year that I was able to expose naked forearms to the elements. Saw four other cyclists out and about.

My main ride was yesterday a slow 112 miles, I wanted to get my first Century in. I had planned to cut through Stirling Uni but its not as big as I thought and ended up having to go most of the way up the Logie Kirk Road (22.3% and all) decided I'd better have a break just over the top and paused for a photo.
Image0049.jpg
I wished I'd took a photo of the next bit but I didn't want to stop it was a sign saying 'Narrow Bridge - from 0700-1900'; does that mean it's not narrow outside they hours; I find that very hard to believe as it was an old stone bridge :rolleyes:
I then decide to stop at my favourite photo spot probably to catch my breath before I tackled a flatter hill of only 19.8% (decided against the really steep one).
Image0053.jpg
I paused at the top of the hill again to catch my breath, spot the recurring theme ;)
Image0057.jpg
I then stopped at another one of my favourite photo stops, Loch Leven in Fife. The loch is a bit of a blur in this photo though :rolleyes:
Image0061.jpg
I headed for Falkland after that but decided to take the signed 'alternative route' it was terrible though and getting worse, so after 1/2 a mile or so I turned back.
Then after 70 odd miles
Before I got there however I suddenly took the urge to spur of to Auchtermuchty, as I wanted somebody to hold my bike and this fellow obliged :becool:
Image0062.jpg
I then doubled back to Falkland and spotted this handily placed fella, a 99'er please :smile:
Image0066.jpg
Handy because the Lomond Hills were next!
Got up them and was shooting down at 36.8mph but I must of hit a pothole, snakebite aggh. It was pretty noisy though, so I managed to easily control it with the advanced warning.
After that though I decided I was running late and not to stop for any more photos :blush:
Just as I was climbing Whitehill, I get a phone call, my folks are away to my nephews birthday party, oops I'd forgot that :blush:, so once I got home it was a quick change to my heavy hybrid and a trip out there (another 8 miles). For some reason I told my Brother that I'd go with him for a ride today, ended up doing another 78 miles.
Up until yesterday morning my road bike had only done 225miles, its now done another 84% (190 miles) I think I might feel that in the morning :whistle:

theloafer

Legendary Member
great day out 64 miles newton aycliffe-sedgefield-trimdon-wheatley hill-easington-cold hesledon-seaham-murton-easington lane-haswell-ludworth-thornley-quarrington hill-coxhoe-sedgefield-gt stainton-newton aycliffe....had to drop off a tent for a mate at seaham brill weather :sun: have got tan lines in april :becool:

D

Deleted member 1258

Great morning out on the bike, a bit chilly first thing, but warming up nicely on the way back. Club ride to Norton, The heart of The Shires retail park on the A5. Decided to ride out on my own, took the lumpy route, Birdingbury, accross Grandborough Fields, Flecnoe, Staverton and Dodford. Hard ride into the breeze. Came back through Norton, Welton, Barby, Dunchurch and Wolston. Came back with a mate of mine who was out on his new Carbon bike, He gave me a good work out all the way to Wolston, I told him I was backing of at Wolston and let him carry on at his own pace, I was getting tired by then. 61 hard and very enjoyable miles in the spring sunshine.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4418618

asterix

Comrade Member
One and a half hours. Lovely sunshine, slightly chilly N-easterly. Did lots of hills and think I should be in pretty good shape for my sportive next month. Got to be positive, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom