Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
Had a great ride in the sun this afternoon. Did the 2 main hills round here and was pleased with my improvement although I have no idea how far/fast due to absence of computer. Still plenty of room for more improvement, I'm sure.

Brandane

Legendary Member
A pleasant day out to the old home town on the Isle of Bute :smile:. Met up with my older brother who is a mad keen cyclist and still does 10 mile time trials at age 59. We did a circuit round part of the island as I tried to disguise the huffing and puffing and bravely tried to keep pace with him! Me on my Tricross, him on a 18 year old Trek hybrid that he reckons has covered over 60000 miles and is a bag of rust :sad: (the frame is, but the mechanicals are all well sorted).

Sunshine all the way, and a couple of welcome pints of Strongbow at the Kingarth Hotel. Another fine day :thumbsup:.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
40 Miles for me today, into the foothills of the Pennines first then on to the Cheshire plain for some lanes. Fast hot and sunny, all good. :sun:

Plax

Guru
I only did a little over 26 hilly miles today but I'm about to die of knackardness any time soom (preferably after I've drunk this beer). Mind, I did 13ish miles to my sisters in the morning, then we took the baby out for a walk down the beach for the day, had lunch and walked back etc. So by the time I cycled the 13ish miles home I was feeling a bit pooped. Early night for me I thinks!

Big day out yesterday, drove down to Newcastle, train to Hexham, bus to Kielder (bike rack on bus) then cycled back to Newcastle 64 mile on the bike but did take 8½hours over it.! Fantastic weather, wish I had took the shorts.
Tyneside.jpg

No finer place on the planet.
biggrin.gif

User9609 What bus is that from Hexham? do you have to book on it and when does it run. I fancy that run up to Kielder and then across to Newcastleton and down to Longtown and Carlisle. I got the train to Oxenholme today and after a meeting in Kendal rode over to Appleby for the train home Should have rode on to Langwathby or Armathwaite but did not fancy getting caught in the dark.

Christopher

Über Member
Yesterday, 78 miles from Lancaster, Ingleton, Clapham, Tosside, Waddington, Whalley, Preston. Did lots of tiny lanes new to me, almost free of traffic but awkward when I did meet traffic as the lanes were tiny. Repeated climbs turned my legs to cheese and I got a bit dazzled from the light. Old road from Ingleton to Clapham is a hard climb!

First run out on the lightweight Yates since sometime last year - Lancashire is not a good place for a steel bike sans mudguards!

ThePainInSpain

Did 30kms (20mls) this morning. was out early (09:00am) as the temperature was predicted to be 31c in the afternoon.

I felt like doing more, but at one of my drink stops, a bridge over the Rio Grande, a group of 4 old geezers like me also stopped (having come from the opposite direction). Luckily one of he group spoke English so we had a bit of a chat.

As we were about to set off on our separate ways, another small group on MTB's crossed the bridge.

It was then I decided to head for home, for the first time since I restarted cycling, I felt decidedly lonely.

Had I have had a group or even someone else to ride with I would have done another 20 miles or more.

I'll have to get over it, because there's no one living anywhere near me that cycles, so I think I'm destined to cycle a lonely track on my own.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
Busy busy busy today so a quick 16.5 miles at 17.5 mph average.
So so many bikes out today, loads as usual around Lowdham Notts and there must have been a charity ride or something in Peterborough, loads of numbered up riders coming back to Peterborough from Wansford way this afternoon.
Fabulous weather, hardly any breeze which of course means a headwind whichever way you went.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
8:30 am up through the Pott Shrigley and the Brickworks and back. 7 scalps on the way up and then a 45 mph descent back down. Loads of cyclists going up as I came back. Back in time for a late breakfast with the kids and swmbo didn't seem to mind I had been out. :biggrin:

style over speed

riding a f**king bike
fun ride on the London classic, south london hills and plenty of cobbles, cheers to the guys organising it...

Attachments

• IMG_1152 a.jpg
    IMG_1152 a.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 34

Brandane

Legendary Member
28 miles from Largs up the Brisbane Glen to Loch Thom, down to Inverkip and then down the horrible A78 into the breeze back to Largs. Not much left in the old legs after doing 36 miles yesterday and 50 the day before that. Back to work for a rest tomorrow! Brings my total miles for this year to 1001 miles. Might need to increase the 3000 mile target on my ticker... :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom