Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Janeyb

Having had a stinker of a cold this week I didn't think I'd manage a ride this weekend coz still feeling rubbish but got up nice n early and managed 20 miles. And it was quickest time I've managed coz I'm no speed demon. Averaged 14 mph so fairly chuffed. Still lots of training before my first fifty in June though.

Toeclip

Guru
Out yesterday for my longest ride of the year (so far) just over 53 miles around some of my favourite Essex lanes.

I took my brother out on his new road bike - we only did 30 miles so he could find all of the niggles with it and fix them. My legs felt absolutely terrible all day - I think it was all the stopping and starting. We also rode back into a massive wind. I needed a really good stretch when i got back.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
20 miles commuting today..rush hour traffic, just when you think you got it right and can't remember your last 'incident'...three come along in one ride...actually all three within 3/4 mile of each other.
Nothing too dangerous, more unneccessary manoevers that leave you thinking :wacko:
First, close'ish pass at a pinch point, i asked for it partly, not quite the right positioning.
Second, left hook by WVM, impatience by the driver. Didn't even have to brake, just unneccessary.
Third, junction on the right hand side, car's waiting to join my road...sometimes you almost see it coming so i had the brakes covered...and out she comes, i take instant evasive and giver her several 'OI's', meet her at the R/A a few yards up the road...she's staring straight ahead, she won't look :biggrin: ...therefore it didn't happen :tongue:

Ah well...windy out there, took the mudguarded Clubman because rain was forecast..it didn't rain.

I think Windy would best describe my ride tonight, I could only average 13.7mph on the way out west but it was 20.5mph on the way back :bicycle:
wind.jpg

Saddle bum

Über Member
Riding on grotty roads, up a gradient, into a force eight gale, I thought, "This is doing you good.

I was not convinced.

perplexed

Guru
A quick ride into the Peaks. Chuffin head wind all the way out, which transformed into a sod of a crosswind on the cut-across. It really restricted my speed on the flat, it was just so blustery. :angry:

In think I enjoyed it on the whole though! :biggrin:

Adasta

Ridiculous meandering route around East/SE London. 20 miles overall. Dunno why but had nothing in the legs on the way back. I was riding into the wind too and it almost broke my resolve.

Brandane

Legendary Member
First half-century for the new Secteur :smile:. Largs to Irvine and back again, then another 5 miles faffing about to get the mileage over 50! Still a bit chilly here but at least the wind has gone. Thoroughly good ride today, especially as I found a route from Hunterston to Irvine which avoids most of the main roads without having to take the good bike onto bridle paths :laugh:.

Todays ride was quiet round the outskirts of Carlisle and only 12 mile but on Wedensday I got the train to Gateshead metro centre and rode across to strange places (Sunderland Via Consett) and then up the coast to South Shields. Crosed the Tyne on the foot ferry and rode up to Newcastle central station in time to get the train home 65 miles all told. After a soaking getting to Weatheral station the rest was brilliant but very very windy and the cycle tracks were full of glass both sides of the Tyne & Wear. I would recomend this route, great scenery with hills and coast and wide open views but you do have to pass the Stadium of ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom