Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
15.5 miles on tandem with my regular rear seat co pedller nice ride , all in readiness for upcoming 16 mile sponsored ride

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
19 miles today to buy PIE at Wellington market. The worst thing about cycling a route for the first time is zooming down hills, knowing that you'll have to climb back up them on your return journey. Still, it was a lovely ride, not too warm with a lovely breeze, and it felt much faster on the way back. And some other cyclists smiled encouragingly as I laboured up on hill while they passed me in the opposite direction.

Christopher

Über Member
Just a couple of miles to the leisure centre and back where i did somewhere between 30 and 34 lengths (25m pool) - kept losing count.

However I did make a mistake on the way back, was very far left in a narrow lane when I should have been in primary. This allowed a car to get up right beside me so I got squeezed into the gutter when an oncoming car happened by. Maybe not so dangerous but note to self: don't let yourself be intimidated by cars! Usually I sprint throught there and take the lane and will be moving fast enough that drivers tend to let it go. Was tired from swimming so going much more slowly than usual.

I like Pie. Though one of my friends did suggest that she would only cycle 19 miles for pie if it contained sex. I don't think these ones do.

Ah! Your friend needs to join in with the Friday Night Rides to the Coast - they contain everything! In fact, maybe that should read 'Pieday Night Ride to the Coast' :tongue:

Here's a link to the last one.

The FNRttC blogspot is here. People come a long way for one of Simon's pies er Rides.

Have fun with your pie. :unsure: :smile:

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Yesterday's ride, so a bit out of date- I took a detour on the way home via the LBS as I have a broken spoke. Anyway, I took the scenic route from Thornsett to Hayfield via Sitch Lane- quite a climb with a 73" gear!

Did it, though, without stopping.

DSC01014.jpg

(bike is facing the wrong way 'cos it looks better from the drive side).

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
"wouldn't it be good to start off doing the TT circuit"?
"Oh go on then" says I.

Well I didn't disgrace myself but it probably wasn't the best start to a Sunday morning ride, being knackered before we set off. Took me a few miles to catch my breath but the rest of the ride took us through some lovely countryside with half decent weather.

Cup of tea, shortbread and a hot bath and I'm nearly normal! :smile:

PatrickPending

Legendary Member

106Km today - up to Tilton on the hill across eastwards out to Rutland back via Foxton - from which I Cycled back quickly to avoid the looming dark rain clouds. My legs are going to hate me....

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I took my friend's 3 year old son out for a spin in their bike trailer this afternoon. He sang Bob The Builder through the village and yelled "Don't stop!" as I pulled over into a gateway to let a car past. A good afternoon :smile:

Christopher

Über Member
fat zero today. Was building up the 'crosser only to find I had the wrong sized handlebars - the stem needs 31.8mm bars, not the 26mm ones I have. Nearly managed to bodge something up with another stem until common sense intervened. Down to the LBS tomorrow I think...

Am mixing a Campag UT 10 speed chainset with a Shimano 8-speed block & 8 speed SRAM chain, Sora 8 speed STIs. No idea if it will work but it will be fun finding out!

106Km today - up to Tilton on the hill across eastwards out to Rutland back via Foxton - from which I Cycled back quickly to avoid the looming dark rain clouds. My legs are going to hate me....

You crossed into the sacred county????? Presume you had your passport to hand. The best single fact I know about Rutland is that it is the only county in England without a McDonalds, Yeah!
BTW did 55 hard hilly miles and saw 7 or 8 Red Kites and a couple of Buzzards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom