Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
On the tail end of a virus, so just a quick 20 miles (19.8 actually), but still managed 16.2mph average, which surprised me.
The prevailing wind's easterly at the moment, i hate easterlies, they dictate i head east on the outrun and its boring out there. No hills, no scenery, nothing really.

gbs

Guru
ZERO - I felt quite stiff after 60k on and around Box Hill on Friday on the VN (geared) and 40k around Richmond Park yesterday on the fixie.

It was my fourth and longest ride on the fixed. I'm finding it quite demanding mentally and physically. Did any else suffer in their early days on fixed?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Wilmslow to Buxton via the Goyt Valley and back via Long Hill. Hilly but I felt good. Points of interest a bloke on a fixed half way up Pym Chair :ohmy: :ohmy: gave him some directions, then saw a roadie stopped slowed down to see if he needed anything but he had just stopped to light a fag :ohmy: :ohmy: :stop: :headshake:

mog35

I went on a 22 mile ride today from my hometown of Margate to Canterbury through some very pleasant countryside and small villages, which took about an hour and forty-five minutes.

The first couple of miles out of town were on busy main roads, but this was followed by lots of winding country lanes. One really nice slight downhill section runs parallel to the A299 and is in fact the old road to London, but is now a de facto cycle path. Anyway, taking in the villages of East Stourmouth, Preston and Stodmarsh on the way, I ended up going through the town of Fordwich (apparently the smallest town in the country) before rejoining the busy roads for the last couple of miles into Canterbury.

I've never actually cycled in the city before, but it was relatively uneventful and worry-free apart from a couple of overtakes that were a bit too close for comfort and a left hook.

Shrim

Did 46 miles today, longest i've done this year and feeling quite pleased with myself.

Started in Haydock and finished in Southport via Halsall, then the same return.

Lovely day and I will sleep tonight.

D

Deleted member 1258

Club ride to Wistow this morning, was watching the F1 so late out and rode to the café on my own. Cold grey day with a stiff breeze, spend most of the ride out slogging into that breeze. Jumped on the back of the clubs intermediate/veterans ride leaving the café. Rode as far as Monks Kirby with them. The pace was lively, I was well above my comfort zone, occasional glances at my computer showed us between 20 and 25 mph most of the time, on a couple of occasions I was seeing 30mph. I turned of in Monks Kirby and took the direct way home, did about 60 mostly enjoyable miles, but feeling it tonight, legs ache and I'm knackered.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The Stevenage CTC start of summetime ride. 72 miles through the Herts. and Essex countryside. 5 hours 42 mins. Not bad, and the weather improved as the day went on.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
18 miles commuting today, tonights 13 miles was used to push push push things along a bit. 17.3 mph average with a few stops for TLs, traffic and a rail crossing. That was hard work :tongue: Wind seemed to be against me 3/4 of the ride with just 3 miles with a good tailwind, but with that tailwind, i was fairly flying.

Saddle bum

Über Member
Monday. Did 250 yards and returned home to put on extra layer. There was a bite in the air and combined with more weight loss, I don't tolerate the cold any more. 25 miles plus a diversion to run an errand. Began to get hunger knock at the end, must be burning energy to keep warm. The hot shower was very welcome.

soulful dog

Veteran
55Km in what I fear will be thelast of the sunshine for a while

I extended my normal run by a whole 3 miles to enjoy the sun today! :laugh:

I will be going out on my bike tomorrow even though it's supposed to be wet from tonight onwards, as the wind will return by Thursday and I doubt I'll be out much in the next week. Metcheck says winds will be 30mph (but feel like 60mph), and according to the met office forecast, there will be gusts of 72 mph by Saturday night!

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
Just shy of 52 miles at a shade under 15mph average. Would have liked more but it's quite breezy out there, legs wouldn't have it.
Red Kite have obviously survived the winter ok....between 20 and 25 spotted today, astonishing, even though they're a regular sighting round here. Two in particular were just sauntering overhead, maybe 20 ft high, you get such a long clear look at them. A group of 6 just off Oundle golf course, various others in ones and twos.

Stopped for my usual cafe, bubble n squeak, egg, toast, beans and a mug of tea...:tongue:

Usual'ish kind of route with a couple of detours, P'boro, Wansford, Kings Cliffe, Blatherwyke, onto Corby, Oundle and back.
A couple of llamas...or are they alpaca's ?
llama.jpg

Then another view of Harringwoth Viaduct...
harr.jpg

Good ride, a little blustery...off for a hot soak now.

Edited to say..no sooner got home, it started raining. Now thats lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom