Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
A nice round 50 miles for me today a little hilly at the start then out into the Cheshire plain, managed to keep my average speed up to 17 mph, the sun is a great motivator. All good :biggrin:

theloafer

Legendary Member
did a great ride 43 miles aycliffe -barny for coffee+cake :tongue: head wind most on the way there ..great on the return leg sunny too :biggrin: tomorrow were out here
My link hole in the wall ride landlord of the pub where club meets puts a good spread on for us... :thumbsup:

ThePainInSpain

Only second time out in nearly 3 weeks, the weather's been that bad. Welcome to sunny Spain, not.

However today it is a beautiful clear sunny day, temp around 22c, but VERY windy.

Been for a 28km bimble in the campo (countryside). But the last 8km had the wind right in my face, and I am NOT aerodynamic.

The best thing about today's ride........................the air perfumed with the beautiful fragrance of ORANGE BLOSSOM.

There are acres and acres of Orange and Lemon groves around where I live and this time of the year the air is filled with the heady scent.

mog35

I went out this morning for my first proper ride for about a week

It was a pleasant jaunt through the East Kent countryside, starting in Margate and making my way to Sandwich via quiet back roads and small villages

I saw (and was overtaken by!) quite a few fellow cyclists along the way as well as a few people out on their horses

I also came across a nice little church out in the middle of nowhere. I was tempted to stop there for lunch but pressed onwards to Sandwich, where I bumped into a work colleague and had a quick chat

It wasn't very windy, but on the way home there was a slight breeze helping me back - just as well as the last stretch through Ramsgate was the hilliest bit, followed by a busy couple of miles past the local shopping hub (one shopping centre built where the three largest local towns converge - you can imagine what the traffic's like on a sunday)

All in all, a lovely ride

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
I'm normally a solo cyclist - I prefer it that way but do go out with Kevin, a New Zealander, a few times a month. He's just resumed cycling and we have been increasing the distance slowly. I mentioned to him that a club was having a run to the floating market in Chachoengsao and he said that he would love to try it. I saw on the website that there are two meeting points The first meeting point was was in Lumpini Park - that's in the centre of Bangkok and would add about 20 kms to the ride. The second point was the first PTT gas station on Suwinthawong Road (That's Hwy 304 - the Chachoengsao Road). There are two PTT stations within yards of each other, do they mean the first one that was opened a few weeks ago or the established one? They e-mailed me and replied saying it was the second one. The distance from meeting point 2 to the floating market was '30 kms', I know Hwy 304 and know that 30 kms from there would not take you to the boundary between Bangkok provine and Chachoengsao province. We went to the stated meeting point and was met by about 5 club members who said this is not the start but it's the next PTTT my query of 'Do you mean the new one about 5 k away or the one about 10 k?' Interesting reply "Yes!"So off we went to the third PTT! Riding up there, we both decided that it was not for us. I am not a fasr rider but I find it difficult to ride at their slow pace. Guess what happened at the third PTT? It's not the third one but the fourth! I decided to take Kev down Hwy 304, past the "meeting point" and turn left to the lovely town of Nong Chok wherem the resident's main enjoyment seems to be watching the traffic lights change colour and, wait for it, for added pleasure, the countdown timer at the lights is sometimes switched on!
When I go with that club, I am normaly disappointed and come home and say "Never Again!" I'm happy to report that when asked by Mre Hippo, I did not say "Never again", I just nodded.

I went out yesterday for a short 12 mile ride in the sunshine, to see if I was OK to ride after the cold I just had. It turned out that I was, so today I ventured out in the afternoon for a further 42 miles. It's quite a relief as on Thursday I'm having a day off and going up to the Trough of Bowland for 52 very hilly miles.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
managed just over 14 miles including a stop for breakfast at grandmas in trainning for the waendel ride in a couple of months even through in some hills

ThePainInSpain

managed just over 14 miles including a stop for breakfast at grandmas in trainning for the waendel ride in a couple of months even through in some hills

How long have they been doing a Weandel Ride ?

I did the Weandel walk a few times when I lived in Wellingborough. In fact it used to start from my old school (Weavers as it's now known).

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
22 miles commuting. Got the urge to start upping my average speed after winters shorter rides. 16.5 mph average today (11ish miles each way), that was with putting some fair effort in.
Getting to that stage where its easy to overdress...had to stop and strip a layer off, too hot.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Day off today so rather than do anything useful or productive around the house I snuck off for the morning for a bike ride. Running late now for picking the boy up from Cray Broop...must dash! :smile:

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
60Km in the spring sunshine - second outing for the titanium bike I built l;ast year - the first being a 48Km run saturday. Nice - spring has definately sprung!

asterix

Comrade Member
An excellent 6 hour ride in the spring sunshine. After the 'do you get lost' thread I decided to give it a try and left the map behind. After a couple of hours I was in unknown territory but a bit of steering by the sun got me back on track.

During my ride I found a water-powered saw mill. Probably c. 1900 and a bit ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom