Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
toad.jpg

osprey nest.jpg

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Left my trail Camera at my parents last night and to my surprise it caught sightings of a fox as well as a hog which is a regular visitor .

First time we have seen the Fox and we didn't even have any idea about one visiting but nice to see

View attachment 736001

View attachment 736002

View attachment 736004

Since posting the picture of the fox I have heard that a couple of chickens were taken out of a garden pen presumably the same fox as only a couple of hundred yard's away in a small village

Dave 123

Legendary Member
a little bit more action in the trap last night

Dingy footman
IMG_2728.jpeg

Privet Hawkmoth
IMG_2730.jpeg

Elephant hawk moth
IMG_2731.jpeg

Garden carpet
IMG_2732.jpeg

Buff tip
IMG_2734.jpeg

Double square spot
IMG_2733.jpeg

The moth trap was done in a hurry this morning.

At present my mother in law is very ill, Lisa stayed with her overnight. I had a 5.30 phone call from her to say that the ambulance had been called and could I come over to help. As I was leaving home I had an “oh 💩” moment as I realised I’d put the trap on. Once sorted I drove through Creacombe to Holbeton. The hare was there as were red legged partridge, bullfinch, yellowhammers and a headless fallow deer…

As I came around the bend it had its bum to me, head down. It never looked up, just hopped into the hedge. 4 legs and a back, could’ve been a coffee table for all I know!

My MIL is now in Derriford hospital. Infection, suspected slight stroke and a tumour on her lung. Life eh?

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Small blood vein moth
IMG_2752.jpeg

Ringlet butterfly

IMG_2759.jpeg

Top Bottom