Woodrup Split Personality!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
and cheaper than petrol to Leeds and back

Yes. Dropping it off included a visit to SIL and BIL so that cost was taken care of. The stress of wondering where our cat was when we got back is something which we are concerned about. It was a couple of days before we saw him and a week before he would come in and see us. The money saved in petrol could go towards paint.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Yes. Dropping it off included a visit to SIL and BIL so that cost was taken care of. The stress of wondering where our cat was when we got back is something which we are concerned about. It was a couple of days before we saw him and a week before he would come in and see us. The money saved in petrol could go towards paint.

Cat jealous of love being shown to bike frame?:laugh:

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
I'm left twiddling my thumbs at the moment waiting for my frame to arrive. That is going to be one of those dreaded bits where I will be looking out for any Royal Mail or Parcel Force vans which go past. I am also wondering what state the frame will be in after the brazing had burnt the paint. A new experience for me! I'm used panels being put on cars so shouldn't be too much of a shock or so I hope. In the meantime I am looking at red cars to see if any of them look like the colour of my frame . There is a red Fiat outside at the moment which looks similar. I'll need to get my forks to check.
I suppose I could clean up what bits I have ready for them to go back. The lower head cup will need some work. The bearing track is a bit rusty and resembles a cobbled street. It is marked Woodrup so I want to keep it if I can . I will have to check my spares boxes to see what other parts are available. I think I should be able to borrow some wheels for now. I have several sets of Campag brakes but they have Allen key type nuts for recessed mounting. I might have to rob a set off another bike . I have several Campag cranks which I think should fit, whether they are from 1980 I'm not sure.
So that is where I am ! Doing a lot of wondering!

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
The wanderer returns! A parcel Force van arrived a couple of hours ago . I think it was the same chap who delivered it when DC Lad first posted it .
I opened up the box . It was well packed in bubble wrap I think I Will have a couple of years supply now. I unwrapped itad a new stay has been fitted. The burning isn't as bad as Imagined. The areas have been grit blasted. It will need a thorough wash out. The pieces that they cut out were taped to the frame like I had asked. I wanted a souvenir, plus it will help trying to find a colour match. I will post pictures of it later.

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
Here is my frame which turned up yesterday. They have done a good job and the burning isn't as bas as I imagined. I managed to fit a 7 speed wheel that I bought at a car boot sale on Sunday fitted.

DSC_0865.JPG

DSC_0866.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
Got some sad news to report!
My frame failed to turn up! I posted my frame to Woodrup for a small repair to be done. I posted it with Parcelforce 48. I looked on the tracking last night to see that a parcel arrived but it didn't look like mine. I sent Woordrup an email and it turns out that it isn't my frame! A Cannondale Caad2 frame was in there. Parcelforce had switched labels with another parcel! It would seem like an eBay frame purchase has been switched with mine . I have made a complaint with Parcelforce I just hope that they can sort out the mess they have made.

Got some sad news to report!
My frame failed to turn up! I posted my frame to Woodrup for a small repair to be done. I posted it with Parcelforce 48. I looked on the tracking last night to see that a parcel arrived but it didn't look like mine. I sent Woordrup an email and it turns out that it isn't my frame! A Cannondale Caad2 frame was in there. Parcelforce had switched labels with another parcel! It would seem like an eBay frame purchase has been switched with mine . I have made a complaint with Parcelforce I just hope that they can sort out the mess they have made.

Ah man, that's a bummer. Do hope you can get it sorted...

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
I have calmed down a bit now. There's nothing much I can do until I get a response from Parcelforce. Damn all this computer stuff not being able to talk to a human.
I suppose Parcelforce won't be able to do much until the person with my frame complains to whoever sent their frame and then for them to get in touch with Pf.

Top Bottom