When is it going to stop... Raining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Wee bit wet here after a decent amount of time with dry weather. Cumbria is back on track just the rain is a bit too light for this time of year. We've only had a few small floods round here and some of them was from the high tides we have had.

I am starting to suspect the south and midlands have stolen our rain. I am not calling the police on them as they are welcome to it. It is just strange that we are nearly at the end of September and I have no idea where my waterproof trousers are to get me from the carpark into the office at work. Seriously, you can get absolutely drenched from car to door at work normally but of late it has not been an issue.

It seems climate change is giving other parts of England our weather. Perhaps a few more years of this the SE england will no longer have water shortages but we in Cumbria will!! In that case there could be an act of terrorism on the water pipe to Manchester. I have never been happy letting them have our water!! ;) :laugh:

A tad north of you. SE Lakes.

Last week we had about 6 days of no rain, 4 of which were warm going on hot.

Even so, standing on the lawns causes water to ooze up around my trainers - we live on the side of a 350m hill too.

It is now back to chucking it down, despite the forecast, last night, saying today was going to be dry.

You are probably better off than we are on the weather front as we live in the south-westerly rain shadow caused by the local mountains.

Lone Wolf

Über Member
Wedi pissio again 🌧🌧☹️

A tad north of you. SE Lakes.

Last week we had about 6 days of no rain, 4 of which were warm going on hot.

Even so, standing on the lawns causes water to ooze up around my trainers - we live on the side of a 350m hill too.

It is now back to chucking it down, despite the forecast, last night, saying today was going to be dry.

You are probably better off than we are on the weather front as we live in the south-westerly rain shadow caused by the local mountains.
I hope you aren't in Kendal, grey town.

I once drove from just north of Lancaster (J35 to j36 on the M6) then on to Ambleside a good few years ago. It was spring and where i set off from that day it was lovely blue skies with nice white fluffy clouds and quite warm. As I drove past Kendal it rained a bit but down in Kendal it looked bleak and very wet indeed. A little past Plumgarth's roundabout it became blue skies and fluffy white clouds again.

Kendal seems to sit in a pocket of hills and as such I firmly believe that it gets rain when areas around it even the high fells in the Lake District are dry.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I hope you aren't in Kendal, grey town.

I once drove from just north of Lancaster (J35 to j36 on the M6) then on to Ambleside a good few years ago. It was spring and where i set off from that day it was lovely blue skies with nice white fluffy clouds and quite warm. As I drove past Kendal it rained a bit but down in Kendal it looked bleak and very wet indeed. A little past Plumgarth's roundabout it became blue skies and fluffy white clouds again.

Kendal seems to sit in a pocket of hills and as such I firmly believe that it gets rain when areas around it even the high fells in the Lake District are dry.

A bit north of Kendal.

Generally, everything from here through Windermere, Ambleside and up to Grasmere takes the brunt of rainfall.

We often have rain when Kendal is bone dry!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It's raining here in London. We've just had a succession of very heavy downpours over the past week or so, often interspersed with blue skies. Today is more of a here-to-stay low grey clouds rainy day.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Bloody Scottish weather.. Everyone tells you that you can look forward to perma-rain but then when you get here this kind of thing awaits you!!! :cursing:

where is my rain.jpg

Ripple

Veteran
UK has got 2 seasons:
1. When it's raining and 2. when it's not.
1. When you pay for your car to get washed and 2. when rain does it for free.
1. When it's always dark and 2. when you can see the daylight (this one applies to night shift workers).

Top Bottom