When is it going to stop... Raining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
SE Lakes.

The predicted (by the Met Office) 4 day heatwave due Friday to Monday never happened.

Fri/Sat were ok - warm & dry.

Today (Sun) - wet start & very cool, slowly dried out but it has been raining steadily from 4pm.

Tomorrow looks abysmal.

A shabby performance from the Met Office as usual.
It's not the Met Office supplying the weather.

Brandane

Legendary Member
it feels like the shortest most blustery summer in years for me.

Two days is quite a short summer, even by our standards.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Well my 2 day motorbike road trip was excellent! 400 miles and NO RAIN. Some kind of record for me :smile:.

Yesterday I took the westerly route to Grantown on Spey, via Loch Lomond, Crianlarich, Killin, Loch Tay, Tummel Bridge, Calvine, and Aviemore.
Easterly route home today (Tomintoul, Braemar, Blairgowrie, Perth, Glasgow).

20240901_092322.jpg

(Not bad for 25 years old. Had only done 16k miles when I bought it just over a year ago. Have added another 4500 since then).

I have something of a guilt trip for not going on a cycling expedition, but when you only get a window of dry weather for 2 days, you need to travel quickly to see more of the country. :okay:

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Oh yeah, bone to pick with you @Brandane - I was up in South East Ayrshire at the weekend expecting the rain which I'd enjoyed as a bairn. Glorious sunshine all day on Saturday. Admittedly it was cloudy as I was leaving on Sunday, but no rain until I hit Carlisle.

I'm beginning to think you're making it all up to dissuade visitors...

Brandane

Legendary Member
Oh yeah, bone to pick with you @Brandane - I was up in South East Ayrshire at the weekend expecting the rain which I'd enjoyed as a bairn. Glorious sunshine all day on Saturday. Admittedly it was cloudy as I was leaving on Sunday, but no rain until I hit Carlisle.

I'm beginning to think you're making it all up to dissuade visitors...

You were unlucky, you caught our entire summer!

Top Bottom