What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
3/10 from me. 5/10 for the series.

Effectively the show seems to have forgotten a war has started and thousands of people should be being killed on a weekly basis. Apparently there are dragons as well yes. Also the less said about yet another Captain Jack Sparrow and their mud wrestling competition to show dominance the better. And that was Otto right at the end (Rhys Ifans got 3rd billing in credit for that 10 second scene) though because we spent so much time with Captain Jack and her new boyfriend we don't know why he's locked up.

For me the worst is that they (unlike GoT) have a good story that is finished to follow, sure compress characters into less people to make it easier to understand, but keep the story. They are making the same mistake many TV/filmakers do, that they think they can write a better story than what made the original so good.

Ps If I see that bloody dock scene one more time.....

But the boats ALMOST ready to go.

I'm enjoying the clips of GOT on YouTube Shorts far more than any episode of HOTD. And two year gaps between the series must be killing them. GOT gave you more episodes every year. I'd not be surprised if HOTD doesn't run it's course.

I'm enjoying the clips of GOT on YouTube Shorts far more than any episode of HOTD. And two year gaps between the series must be killing them. GOT gave you more episodes every year. I'd not be surprised if HOTD doesn't run it's course.

I've noticed there's a lot of hate gathering online for the show runners and writers, for decisions like replacing the Nettles character. I have to be careful what I say/read as I think there is a danger of some misogyny creeping into the criticism. Though it is true the writers are making the female characters a lot stronger than the book makes them out to be, this isnt necessarily bad on its own but when the story suffers overall as well then some people might blame the shift into a more female focussed show.

One thing I did find out was there were originally 2 more episodes, and best guesses is that would have been The Battle of the Gullet and also Raenyras daughter claiming Sheepstealer.

Anyway I think I'll be skipping the next 2 seasons and wait for it to finish before binging it. The original GoT I did that, though it's less of a problem to avoid spoilers with HotD as like I say the story is mostly known.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO

It's been renewed for a third series, and they're sticking with the 2 year schedule. Quite cunning in a way as I know I'll have forgotten how bored I was by this series and end up watching it to remind myself what happened (aka the interesting bits that happened between episodes that weren't shown).

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Watching 1883 on Paramount. A prequel series to Yellowstone. Enjoying it a lot so far but then I tend to like a Western.

S4 of Snowpiercer, there's a bit of time jump and some back and forth from the end of Series 3 to now to move things along. There's a new baddie, and some mysterious men in cold weather suits. Its not the greatest TV but I'm a sucker for post apocalyptic stuff.

S2 of Rings of Power, now this is immediately a lot better. I can't quite put my finger on what was wrong last series but this is immediately more like a Lord of The Rings/Middle Earth story. The highlight for me is Sauron, his character is behaving in this Age like I'd imagine he is would as described by Tolkien and they are easily the most interesting thing in the series so far. Theres also been a jack up in things happening with the Numenoreans (Aragorns ancestors). Star-Man and Hobbit is still on a random journey which is nice but dull at times. I had a skim through some Tolkien wiki stuff last night after watching and if they stick mostly to the text as they have been doing then there is some very interesting stuff to come in S2.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Latest series of Sherwood is going down well

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
BBC 4 showing repeats of 70’s episodes of Call My Bluff.
I was amazed how it is exactly the same format as Would I lie to you, just slower and less funny.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Kaos - Netflix's latest big budget production, this time a modern take on Greek mythology.

Half way through and it's an absolute blast, and pretty true to the old tales of Zeus and his offspring.

Hard to pick a favourite from the main cast, but Jeff Goldblum is a real treat as he's clearly having a great time playing the twisted king of the gods.

Top Bottom