What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
House of the Dragon - 5/10

Generally a waste of time leading up to the battle viewers wanted, no deserved, to see. And there's a two year wait until the next series by which point everyone except the most committed will have forgotten what's happened and why they should care.

For a show with "Dragon" in the title there's an incredible lack of them doing anything other than soaring around.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Watched another episode of Suspect last night not sure if I will watch anymore though

House of the Dragon - 5/10

Generally a waste of time leading up to the battle viewers wanted, no deserved, to see. And there's a two year wait until the next series by which point everyone except the most committed will have forgotten what's happened and why they should care.

For a show with "Dragon" in the title there's an incredible lack of them doing anything other than soaring around.

3/10 from me. 5/10 for the series.

Effectively the show seems to have forgotten a war has started and thousands of people should be being killed on a weekly basis. Apparently there are dragons as well yes. Also the less said about yet another Captain Jack Sparrow and their mud wrestling competition to show dominance the better. And that was Otto right at the end (Rhys Ifans got 3rd billing in credit for that 10 second scene) though because we spent so much time with Captain Jack and her new boyfriend we don't know why he's locked up.

For me the worst is that they (unlike GoT) have a good story that is finished to follow, sure compress characters into less people to make it easier to understand, but keep the story. They are making the same mistake many TV/filmakers do, that they think they can write a better story than what made the original so good.

Ps If I see that bloody dock scene one more time.....

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
3/10 from me. 5/10 for the series.

Effectively the show seems to have forgotten a war has started and thousands of people should be being killed on a weekly basis. Apparently there are dragons as well yes. Also the less said about yet another Captain Jack Sparrow and their mud wrestling competition to show dominance the better. And that was Otto right at the end (Rhys Ifans got 3rd billing in credit for that 10 second scene) though because we spent so much time with Captain Jack and her new boyfriend we don't know why he's locked up.

For me the worst is that they (unlike GoT) have a good story that is finished to follow, sure compress characters into less people to make it easier to understand, but keep the story. They are making the same mistake many TV/filmakers do, that they think they can write a better story than what made the original so good.

Ps If I see that bloody dock scene one more time.....

Pretty much.

Have been watching Prison Break. Good acting, solid plot with a lot of twists and tension. 8/10

What's the year of manufacture? Can you name any cast?

Reason I ask is that years ago there was an EXCELLENT US-ian series of that name. key plot point was one prisoner having an all-body tattoo that was actually a building schematic! ( IIRC)

[I generally find US crime/police/detective series to be utter dross in recent years, even much hyped stuff. :sad: ]

Gunk

Guru
key plot point was one prisoner having an all-body tattoo that was actually a building schematic! ( IIRC)

Apparently David Beckham‘s inspiration for his tattoos

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What's the year of manufacture? Can you name any cast?

Reason I ask is that years ago there was an EXCELLENT US-ian series of that name. key plot point was one prisoner having an all-body tattoo that was actually a building schematic! ( IIRC)

[I generally find US crime/police/detective series to be utter dross in recent years, even much hyped stuff. :sad: ]

I started watching this with my partner, was very interested in the first series, I then got a bit bored after series 128 :laugh:

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
We Hunt Together

Another one I'm late to, but the second series was recommended so I figured I'd start from the beginning of the first series.

The first episode was great, but the second pretty quickly becomes a fairly standard police procedural affair. I'm going to keep going with it, but I'm disappointed after such a promising start.

Last edited:
Top Bottom