What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Specialized Epic Mountain Bike cleaning today.

After a good wash both bike frames were T-Cutted and polished with Auto Glym and now look super shiny.

The last time I was out on the Alloy Epic I had yet another puncture, 3 thorns in one tyre, there are a lot of thorns on our local trails!

I decided to fit some new old stock Specialized Captain Armadillo tyres together with some slime inner tubes. Despite some not so decent reviews these tubes have worked really well for me on the other Epic and, touch wood, have been puncture free.

Took the grubby white grips off and scrubbed clean.

Checked the air suspension, sag etc.

To finish I put my name on one of the bikes😂

IMG_8207.jpeg

IMG_8199.jpeg

IMG_8201.jpeg

IMG_8209.jpeg

IMG_8204.jpeg

Last edited:
Bought a 92 Saracen Kili Flyer for £20 on Friday to work on as a project.

Looks all original and spent this afternoon stripping it to the frame and cleaning the F & R mechs. One PITA is going to be getting the alloy seatpost out of the steel frame. Stuck solid at the moment so will try the very optimistic first step of releasing fluid for a few days before getting serious.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Lubed chain

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
Puncture repair on my mtb.
Fitted bottle cage to mini me's new Jett 24 as she drinks more than a fisherman on shore leave.
Just need to figure out some rack/bag options for an overnight camping trip shes desperate to do if anyone has any ideas.
Riser bars making it awkward to find a bar bag.
Seen a couple of racks for 24" wheels but her bike isn't set up to take one in the traditional way.
Thinking maybe a small backloader (recommendations welcome) just so she feels she's contributed to carrying some of the gear.

Bike for reference.

download.jpeg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bit of major periodic maintenance on the full suspension. Must have spent 5 hours on it from 5pm tonight. Replaced all the frame bearings (eight), drive side BB bearing, and removed the shock.

That's now depressurised and the air can off. Given the inside a good clean out and the damper. The oil was quite sludgy. Fortunately I have 500ml of fork oil that will do the job (only takes 5ml). Not bothering to do the IFP damper as things get complicated and you need a couple of specific tools. Tomorrow is to squirt in some oil and refit and pressurise.

I may also change the lower headset bearing as its a little gritty (have one in stock).

Top Bottom