What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Guru
Fitted the invisiframe kit and new fork decals to the Yeti and gave the rear brake a bleed.

20230807_160237.jpg

New Hope stem and lightbicycle carbon rims on the way, plus some Hope Pro5 hubs waiting in the wings to get built up. Purple, of course... :laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fitted the invisiframe kit and new fork decals to the Yeti and gave the rear brake a bleed.

View attachment 701912

New Hope stem and lightbicycle carbon rims on the way, plus some Hope Pro5 hubs waiting in the wings to get built up. Purple, of course... :laugh:

Oi, weeds in the block paving - sort it !

Tom B

Guru
Next doors lad has been giving his bike a hard time on the local MTB jumps. Neighbour came around with the bike yesterday evening as he had somehow managed to get the bottom return chain over the top of a close fitting chain stay.

easiest thing would be splitting the chain with the quick link, but the KMC 7 SPD chain didn't have one and I didn't have a spare 7spd. so I pressed the crank off a tocuh and slipped the chain back.

Neighbour was ecstatic and provided a beer (and a thousand midge bites)

fossyant

Rear Monarch RT has been regreased (red rubber grease) and Castrol 10w fork oil, all of 5ml added to the can. Pumped to 180 psi and refitted. All working. Bit of a doddle TBH.

Not paying Rock Shox prices for a bit of rubber grease and oil, when I already have normal stuff.

Chislenko

Veteran
Finished off Then Jericho today.

This involved removing two bushes, getting rid of a load of soil, removing the front dwarf wall and finishing off either end.

Next comes hardcore, mixing (by hand) and pouring loads of concrete and then building the dwarf wall to the side and rear.

But now I have...

This Bin Area of Mine!

IMG_20230808_155725334.jpg

IMG_20230808_155743877.jpg

fossyant

Finished swapping the 650b rims for 700c's on my gravel build. I re-used the hubs, nipples and valves but I've used new spokes, rims and tyres. I also took the opportunity to give it a clean and wax the chain; all but one of my bikes are now running waxed chains.

View attachment 702057

Those weeds are getting bigger ! :laugh:

Top Bottom