What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sallar55

Veteran
The Titanium fittings are for the saddles with Titanium rails and are slightly different so probably wouldn't fit the Steel rail versions.

BTW 2 of my Brooks (the Swift and the Ltd Ed Swallow) have the Titanium hardware
If i were you better buy a spare , both the saddles that failed are Ti Swifts

raleighnut

Legendary Member
If i were you better buy a spare , both the saddles that failed are Ti Swifts

No 'factory' repair facility nowadays ?

Gunk

Guru
Sorted out my replacement Tiger Cub coil this afternoon, I stripped back some of the HT cable to reveal the core and fitted a brass crimp to create a tight connection with the coil. Should fix the problem.

IMG_1751.jpeg

geocycle

Legendary Member
After yet another tubeless failure I put another tyre on. I was shocked it went on first time. Not sure why I didn’t have to do all the usual swearing and witchcraft but I did replace the rim tape so it might have helped. Also patched the old tyre on inside as spare.

Windle

Über Member
Not bike fettling (although I've got a slow puncture in the rear turbo tube to see to, again) but bird feeder fettling. I strung a length of washing line betwixt garage end and willow tree to hang the feeders on ~ the object being to prevent access by squirrels and more unusually the pair of collared doves that have been sitting on the bird table and shovelling down niger seed out of the feeder for the past week!

GOPR0267.JPG

One of the culprits as seen recently (I've not seen the Goldfinches for a couple of weeks now). Yes I know our garden is a jungle!
SAM_1513.JPG

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Not bike fettling (although I've got a slow puncture in the rear turbo tube to see to, again) but bird feeder fettling. I strung a length of washing line betwixt garage end and willow tree to hang the feeders on ~ the object being to prevent access by squirrels and more unusually the pair of collared doves that have been sitting on the bird table and shovelling down niger seed out of the feeder for the past week!

View attachment 701203
One of the culprits as seen recently (I've not seen the Goldfinches for a couple of weeks now). Yes I know our garden is a jungle!

View attachment 701204
Not a jungle, it’s wild live friendly. Chris Packham would approve.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Loads of bits recently, just that I haven't written them up:

My Viner Mitus 'winter' bike (it's a 2015 crit bike but who cares) had an Ultegra RH shifter fitted, so it's full 11-speed Ultegra ready for a test ride shortly.

Son no. 2's BeOne came back from the LBS with new headset bearing and had:
  • Paint. Just how he can strip paint off a carbon frame I don't know, but he has. Again. :wacko:
  • Another set of wheel bearings for the wheels (LBS done those)
  • New bar tape
  • New tyres on both wheels
  • A thorough clean up
Also, I've stripped his Boardman AirPro taking some parts for the Ridley Fenix build. Others will be sold although I'll probably try to sell the frame with derailleurs/bottom bracket/brakes. However the front brake bolt won't come out :cursing: so it's soaking. The removed parts were also cleaned.

The Ridley Fenix build has started; Aeronova bars and stem from the Boardman on, along with Ultegra 8000 shifters and 6800 front/rear derailleurs. We're doing that bit together.

The LBS have also shortened the steerer on his Langdale track bike as it was always a bit too long.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Regreased the commuter's headset - been through all sorts of weather, and the marine grease had done it's job, although mucky in the lower bearing. Also stripped the rear hub of my MTB after the weekend riding as it needs a new freehub bearing. Got the codes off the bearing and then ordered a full set of frame bearings and spare BB bearings. £78 lighter, but that's for 13 bearings (all Enduro)

Windle

Über Member
Not a jungle, it’s wild live friendly. Chris Packham would approve.

He probably would, it's got a bit of everything, hedges, trees, an old (small) pond, log piles, overgrown bits, nettles and a home made insect box which never seems to attract any attention other than blue tits sitting on it awaiting a flying snack :laugh:. The top photo compresses the distance and makes it look worse than it is to be fair, there's enough space in there and the end of the patio in front of the bush is my bike washing area.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
took 2 sets of wheels to the LBS as one needed new rotors and i couldn't get the old ones undone and the other one needed cartridge bearings and i had no clue about them or what to order so it was easier to let them do it as the old ones lasted about 8 years .
changed the stem on the black winter bike as i was finding it a bit of a stretch and found out the seller had mismeasured the frame i was told it was a 54 and its more like a 56 which is why even with compact bars it felt a reach .Still ok to ride as a beater bike but i would be happier with a smaller frame.
re-cabled 3 brake inners.
trried fitting some gaurds i have to the black bike but the front caliper is catching on it and not opening so that came off and back to the crud mk 3s.
the new brake calipers for the commuter came today so i will be fitting them later

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
update
spent nearly 2 hours trying to get the front brake set up and no matter how i fiddled and adjusted it rubs horribly , tried putting the old one back on and that rubs too gggrrrrrrrrrrr !
going to recable the back brake next , rip the old bar tape off and have another go when i am calmer .

Ok , fresh eyes and all sorted :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom