What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulw1969

Ridley rider
spent quite a bit of time today fitting SKS Blumel mudgards....these take quite a bit of adjustment to look right..quite impressed with the fittings on these although to be honest haven't used any others......but they look ok now! Also washed and lubed the rest of the bike.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Nothing on the 'Lethal Impact' bike today because ...

Secteur; re-fitted normal road wheels with inner tube change on 1
Python; changed inner tube properly after puncture on today's ride, changed light fittings
Youngests Hood Guru; fitted light, set up rear derailleur

Svendo

Guru
Yesterday I discovered the the right hand 7900 shifter had lost it's 'name plate b' outboard fixing screw. That's the screw that holds one side of the metal bit underneath the metal bit with 'Dura Ace written on it. Couldn't find the size online, but noticed it resembl;es the smaller pitched threads of computer screws. As I have a big bag of varied computer screws I sorted through and found one with a small enough head to fit, Horray! that's one rattle fixed for no money!

Buggered if I know what happened to the original screw, although it started rattling after my last crash.

edindave

Über Member
Replaced chain on Scott CR1 Team, was at .75 when I checked it after last Sunday's ride.
Just got a like for like replacement, Shimano 105 chain. Previous one lasted April to April, so almost 12 months use.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Swopped the quill stem on wife's audax bike for a slightly shorter one, because she was feeling too stretched out on yesterday's 200 DIY. Swopping out quill stems is such such a long winded job compared with modern aheadset stylee stems - but a converter and modern stem just would not look right on that bike. Still it's done now and so she's ready for her first 300km next weekend (while I put the "donor" bike back together).

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
some new brake cables on Giant peleton i have just aquired along with replacing brake levers and tidying up bar tape

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Over the last couple of days the new tandem has been disassembled, packed into its flight case and reassembled. After doing that, derailleurs almost begin to make sense rather than just being a bit of magic.

gbb

Squire
I'm doing something wrong :blush:^_^
The saddle on my sons hack commuter (he'd NEVER call it that, it's just a bike :huh:) used to soak up water so i changed it last week. Now it keeps coming loose so i've not got the clamp nut set right.
So i'm out in the garden, 6.30 am, bare feet, its drizzling and i'm re-tighteneing the saddle :whistle:..again.
Perhaps tonight i'll get it all in the kitchen and do it properly. Its not rocket science :tongue:

Fettling done, back indoors to a nice early morning cuppa .

Oh, and no...its no good expecting my son to tighten his own saddle..not even at 27 :headshake: . He'd have probably allowed it to fall off then ride the bike without.

Top Bottom