What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Fitted Charge Spoon saddle to the commuter. First run on it tomorrow, hope it lives up to it's constant high praise.

I've got one on my fixed, very comfortable, just found it a bit of a sod to get set up right.

gbb

Squire
Fitted my computer to the new Ribble.
Standard computer, oversize bars...bah...made a long screw out of some 3mm studding, two nuts locked together at one end then allowed me to screw the thing together, albeit with a large gap between each end. But it works...which is more than i was doing at work fettling the bike.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Today I have fitted a Charge Knife to a new seatpost for my new MTB, fitted the crown race to my new Fox 140 forks (tapered steerer) and I'm off into the garage now to tidy up the workbench and set about fitting the BB and Crankset.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Not today, but on Saturday I upgraded my Roubaix 105 to Ultegra 6700. (Under bartape cables)
Spent most of the morning doing it but it all went well. Took it on a 60+ mile trip to Brighton yesterday and it all worked flawlessly, which suprised me ^_^

Cubist

Still wavin'
Finished fitting the crankset, then realised I'll have to take the cranks out again to get to the direct mount screws when the front mech arrives. Oh well, at least I know what they look like on the bike now. O, and the garage is tidier than it was, and I've managed to round up most of my allen keys

Night Train

Maker of Things
Tiddles, my Brompton, was making a scraping and dragging noise from his back wheel. I finally got around to having a look today. The mudguard was rubbing at the front end, solved with a bit of bending of the bracket, and the brakes were not centering so one side was rubbing. slight adjustment one way, then the other way then back again then a nudge back then start again, then nudge it one way, then the other, then pingfuggit as the spring slipped out sending the plastic bushes flying, then start again. Nudge it one way then the other way then back again then nudge it over then tighten and sorted!:thumbsup:

I then lubed the seat post tube and put a hose clip on the suspension rubber to stiffen it up a bit. I think I will need to get a stiffer rubber eventually.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I finally got round to replacing my nasty rusty stem bolts with some shiney new Ti ones. Next job new BB.

lukesdad

Quite a lot and bored already, time on your hands is not all its cracked up to be. Oh well back to icing the knee :sad:

e-rider

Banned member
fitted the tightest Michelin Pro 3 tyre ever - first time in 25 years that I've pinched a tube whilst fitting a tyre - it was tighter than a .........................!

all done now though - I tried the cheaper Michelin Lithion 2s but am going back to pro 3s - worth the extra £10

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Finished painting the 'Lethal Impact' bike - now just to put all of the pieces back together. Including one which I'm not sure where it fell out of :wacko: whilst the frame was upside down

Top Bottom