What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
swapped the old veloce block brake calipers on the black bike for the new veloce cartridge brake calipers.

discover the shed roof is leaking and, on inspection, needs refelting. Who does mail order shed roof felt?

cleaned the fixed, post FNRttC, with baby wipes and gave the chain a thorough mickle ready for the commute this week.

As its been lashing down with rain all day and i could'nt (read would'nt) get out for a ride i spent the morning in the garage taking all my stuff off the tourer and getting it back to being standard ... ready to sell

it does'nt look like my bike anymore

Simon

Gary E

Veteran
After 2 weeks out of the saddle (torn ligaments in shoulder courtesy of a left hook) I now have the shiniest bikes in the world.

With another 4 weeks to go before I can ride again (god I hope it's sooner) there's every chance I'll be down to bare metal before too much longer :blush:

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Stripped out the old (I should really say new) BB30 bearings off the bike, stripped down the new BB30 bearing and re-greased with ceramic grease (to be sure) now ready to be fitted into the bike.
removed, De-greased and cleaned the chain ready for fitting tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 1258

My fixed has had a new chain, cog and chainring tonight, the job was meant to be done over Easter but we weren't in when the postman called, it also had a new tyre fitted over Easter, new tyre on front, old front tyre on the back and the back tyre ditched, I picked up a cut on the back tyre last summer and during the miles since the tyre appeared to start breaking up internally where the cut was, the tyre went very lumpy around the cut.
The MRS is disgusted with me at the moment, two jobs done on one of my bikes and no contributions to her swearbox. ^_^

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Managed to strip down rear derailieur on the FIL's old mtb and strip down and grease the shifters. Managed to get 2 of the 21 gears working and left the cables to soak in the gt85 for a bit.

Cleaned the allez off and fitted the cheapy saddlebags from aldi/lidl fits nicely but blocks the cyclechat sticker so may have to take the sticker off and move it. Might take 1 of the 4 rear lights off to get the sticker on.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

The difference a spacer makes???

Shocked, truly I am. This evening I swapped over my carbon wheels and put on my Ksyriums for a bout of hardcore hill climbing, coming my way some more in the next few months. I opted in the end for a separate cassette for each set of wheels and due to 500 or so miles on the other chain I opted to buy a new chain for the new cassette too. My rationale being that it will all get used in the end.

Anyway, swapped everything over and jaysus the rear mech wasn't having it, skipping all over the place as if the chain was too long but I'd already cut it down to the correct size. What else could it be? The jockey wheel was clicking up and down and the chain felt as if there was some sort of obstruction, but the KMC links were on a-okay, so what the hell?

But there was one clue. Never before had I shifted to top gear and had the chain come off the outside of the cassette...? Decided to take the cassette off and remembered that when I'd taken off the old SRAM cassette there was an extra spacer that wasn't with the new cassette, but that must have been on the old one. Could this be the problemo? I searched frantically for it, found it and sorted it. Seem's fine now, but what a pavlova over a few mms.

I feel quite smug but I still hate quick links.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Cleaned and polished ready for wiggle sportive on saturday. Adjusted front mech as it was rubbing when on small chainring and top of the cassette. I swear the LBS I bought it from have no idea how to set up gears.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
The difference a spacer makes???

But there was one clue. Never before had I shifted to top gear and had the chain come off the outside of the cassette...? Decided to take the cassette off and remembered that when I'd taken off the old SRAM cassette there was an extra spacer that wasn't with the new cassette, but that must have been on the old one. Could this be the problemo? I searched frantically for it, found it and sorted it. Seem's fine now, but what a pavlova over a few mms.

I feel quite smug but I still hate quick links.

All that - and still time for pudding? Delia
What a palaver!

D7JAB

Installed Crud mk2 mud guards
Opening / empy box...cuppa
Reading very vague fitting instructions....cuppa
Chase dog with a bag of fittings in its mouth...
Watched fitting instructions video online...cuppa
Chase dog with another bag of fittings in its mouth, find fittings scattered over floor from ripped bag...cuppa
Fit guards
Stop dog nibbling rear guard
Cuppa.

Top Bottom