What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sean8997

MEKK Poggio 3.5 & Merida Cyclocross 3
Fitted some Avid Shorty Ultimates onto my cross bike along with new inner cables, stopping power is so much better than my old canti's

gbb

Squire
5 speed freewheel taken off an old but good wheel to be given to a work colleague who's rear wheel is kaput, then freewheel refitted because he effectively uses the bike as a SS...no point in putting his 6 or 7 speed freewheel on.
Further dismantling of the new Ribble, application of antisieze to various screws/adjusters, then re-assemble.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
cleaned and polished the Felt after yesterdays wet sportive.

Also dremeled the damn stupid elite bottle cages so that stupid trianglular shaped tab (that holds the bottle in, but also makes it twists either left or right) is now bottle shaped. Glued a small piece of rubber to it to prevent slippage. Much better so hopefully I wont have to buy new cages as it was driving me nutso!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Freewheeling fast downhill yesterday began to hear the 'Mavic Scream' from my Aksium freehub. Today removed cassette , cleaned everything and fed thin mineral oil into the freehub with a syringe (been here before!) Used the opportunity to clean the cassette, rear mech. Now all back together ready for test ride this afternoon.

mr Mag00

rising member
dropped the nose, dropped and moved back about 5mms my road saddle

potsy

Rambler
Cleaned and fettled the commuter after it was left in a shocking state after last weeks muddy rides home.
Re-arranged the light set up on the Secteur so I can use the front bar bag and still have a usable light :thumbsup:
Replaced the broken bracket on the Secteur which cost me a Smart Lunar R2 after it snapped and the light bounced down the road at 30mph and ended up a lots of bits :headshake:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Replaced bar tape on the Tricross. Used Sram cork tape from Chain Reaction which arrived in the usual oversize box (luckily I was at home when Postie called). Bike now looks tidier and bars feel thicker and more comfortable. Not much difference between the Sram tape and the Specialized, but Sram is about £3 cheaper. Remains to be seen how long lasting it is though.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Fitted Crud RR Mk2 rear guard middle and tail pieces to replace superglued and taped repaired originals on winter bike. (Previously confirmed there was NO WAY they would fit my Ribble - butchered or otherwise!). Bought a complete set to provide spares, as more cost effective. Adjusted headset on winter bike as it was getting a bit 'notchy' - just overtight, not worn, fortunately.

Top Bottom