What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
Been slowly building up my new road bike (decided to give one a try after thoroughly enjoying myself last year on my Giant Escape Hybrid).

1. Fitted new Garmin Edge 800 and cadence sensor.
2. Polished the bike.
3. Fitted new (smaller) saddle bag.
4. Polished the bike.
5. Fitted Ergon GC2 grips (very comfy) obviously I went for a flat bar setup.
6. Polished the bike.
7. Fitted Shimano PD-M520 pedals and set shoes/cleats up (what's the worst that can happen? :blush: )
8. Stood back and admired my handy work (oh and gave it a quick polish ^_^ )

p.s. - every time I get a new car I polish the living hell out of it too (until the novelty wears off!)

Slioch

Guru
Fitted a new rear light which cost £2.21 including postage from Hong Kong :wacko:. Used a spot of superglue as the bracket was a bit loose. Seems very bright - will give it a roadtest tomorrow night.

subaqua

What’s the point
at this present moment in time , nothing . but later today the roadbike will have its first fettle and clean of the season ready for tomorrows ride out, after a winter of living under a tarpaulin

potsy

Rambler
Cleaned the CX, Mickled the chain and fitted an old Marathon+ to the front, to match the one I fitted to the rear on Tuesday.
Oh and finally got round to taking the pie plate off :becool:

replaced four spokes on the rear wheel
Had to grind the old freewheel off and caught a few in the process :blush:
twin fixed for me now
Why are freewheels such rubbish quality:angry:
Because they are made of cheese like my Keo cleats, just changed another pair, I know riding fixed is harder on cleats but this is ridiculous. Eyeing up Speedplay but not sure on the wear factor on those either.

loadz

Phenomenal day today. Got the bike and the cleaning kit out the garage about ten this morning and I've just finished now!!! :smile: managed to change the battery on the comp' sensor :o)

That is all :tongue:

Top Bottom