What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
Commuter (Tricross Sport 09) badly needed some attention.

New chain, new cassette, replaced the jockey wheels, new SPD pedals and swopped the Bonty race light saddle for a Charge Spoon.

Brake pads tomorrow and a general lube.

Took it for a 35 mile test ride, such a difference, I started to like the bike again.:thumbsup:

Gary E

Veteran
I don't like having to use a saddle bag but unfortunately it's a necessary evil so I've spent the last couple of hours trying to pack all of the emergency kit I usually carry into a small Topeak Propack instead of my usual medium one.

Managed to get it all in (after a lot of experimenting) and felt quite pleased with myself.

Then I looked down on the floor and saw my multi-tool :laugh:

broomwagon

Fitted Specialized Avatar Comp gel saddle yesterday, (Harry Hall). Had a decent ride out to give it a try, via Marple, Macclesfield, Cat And Fiddle, Buxton and back down the A6 to home. 52 miles and the ring piece is in good nick.

Finally re-fitted the Conti 4000s rubber to the CAAD that I'd loaned to the commuter a few weeks ago. Gave the whole bike a thorough clean and detailing, (we're talking cotton buds in the calipers etc), polished the frame and forks and took some updated pics of her in the sunshine:sun:

I decided to work out why my rear disc brake would squeak when not applied, and when applied would become quiet.
Completely new to disc brakes, anyway something fell out, so I decided to take the brake apart, and watch in amazement how all the brake fluid peeded out.........

Bleed kit on its way, but commuted with just the one brake for a few weeks, but we learn by doing !

david k

Hi
7.5m at an average of 13.4mph on my hybrid with loads of lights and bags n stuff on, im very happy with that, its about 1.5mph faster than normal

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Cleaned the chain and relubed it, looks like new.

I collected my new Scott CR1 Comp road bike from the shop on Wednesday, but I only managed to take it for a quick ride until today when I fitted it with my favourite saddle, a Specialized Toupe Ti 143. I also removed the Pie Plate of Shame (aka Dork Disc). It rides so beautifully and I am really chuffed with it.

subaqua

What’s the point
stripped MTB commuter down last sunday and cleaned and put it alltogether. today was first chance to test ride it as have been away on holibobs al last week. so i have fettled

front disc pads which were replaced last week. they howled like a banshee on first ride. took em out and reseated them and they howl a bit and are getting quieter. they do stop me though.

was rather chuffed the indexing was almost bang on on the rear and only a small amount of front deraileur position tweaking was required.

HovR

Über Member
Adjusted the front light on the MTB so that it hangs under the bars rather than sits on top, added rear light (the old one fell off on some rough terrain, grr!), lowered rear mudguard.

Added emergency/backup front light to the road bike and moved the primary light more towards the center of the bars - Much more room on the tops of the bars now.

compo

Veteran
Had a strange clicking sound whilst out for a ride earlier today. Couldn't find the cause but got home OK. After a cuppa I found that a couple of screws on my pannier rack were loose. A quick run round with a screwdriver and some thread lock and all's well. Note to self: I must lift the pannier bags now and then and just check the fastenings. While I was out the postie bought me a chain wear gauge. I tried it out and it told me my chain needed renewing. I have a new chain, still sealed in it's packaging, but it is a Bell brand chain from Asda and I just cannot bring myself to trust it! I have ordered a new KMC chain. I already have a couple of new freewheels.

Top Bottom