What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pottsy

I was checking the chain tension and giving it a quick oil on my Pashley Guv'nor when I happened to look at the pedals. I realised I'd never removed them in the 2 years I'd had the bike and they looked a bit grubby and 'worn in' (I use the bike in all weathers).

So I gave myself the mission of removing both pedals, which was actually very tough (full standing weight on a pedal spanner!), cleaning the threads on both the pedals and in the cranks, then carefully greasing and re-installing.

Though in some ways this actually achieved nothing visible I came away with a glorious sense of well-being and of time well spent in a middle-aged fiddling in the shed to while away an hour type fashion. :smile:

PpPete

Legendary Member
Cold-set (aka bent) the rear triangle of OH's "spare bike" from 126mm to 130mm. This is first stage along the way of building it up as her "audax" bike.

Christopher

Über Member
fitted bell to commuter. ding ding! Don't get much bell for £3.50 these days.

Mounted new 'cross tub onto wheel - but without any glue so I can get praticed at doing it - don't want to glue it on more than once!

Basil.B

Guru
Adjusted my Surly chain tensioner!

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Fitted new schwalbe ultremo's to replace the damaged rear, swapped the charge spoon off the commuter to the felt as I have an.. Er.. Spoon shaped arse it seems. Also realised I'd not done the headset up enough when I fitted the new stem the other day so sorted that too.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Fitted a pair of SLX M666 brakes yesterday, including swapping some old bolt extenders for a bargain Shimano 180mm adapter on the front, and fitted a new SRAM PG980 cassette to the MTB. Went for a quick spin and bedded them in.....lovely brakes.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I fitted some Wellgo double sided SPD pedals to my new Giant Defy 2, and was pleased that I needed to tighten up the clips rather than loosen them off !

gbb

Squire
Quick wash of my winter hack after Fridays night ride, oiled the chain and fixed a slow puncture ive been nursing for months..
The plus side..found the hubs on my front Tiagra wheel are a bit gritty, so next weekend perhaps i'll strip and adjust the pair of them.

Took the opportunity to oil the chain on my sons MTB. Chains well past its sell by date, as is the rest of the transmission in all probability (its left outside all the time, all weathers)...so nurse it till it starts playing up.

Top Bottom