What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edindave

Über Member
2nd puncture in three days on hybrid rear wheel - running 28mm Marathon +.
It was in a different place, but I'm wondering if the tyre has reached that point when it should be replaced, if things are starting to work their way through the kevlar belt.
It's back on though and tube mended... till next time ;)

HovR

Über Member
Swapped out some of the capacitors in the instrument cluster on one of my cars

395600_10150581751248704_589918703_8840406_89751572_n.jpg

Does one of your cars fly? :blink:

PpPete

Legendary Member
Swopped a load of tyres around.
Rubino 700x23 off child #4's "road bike" - complaining it was "too bumpy"
Armadildo 700 x 28 (originally 2nd hand from Dave Davenport) off the fixed and on to child's bike.
Nokian A10 studded jobs (courtesy of Jezston) on to fixed.... which will keep any further trace of snow away from a 50 mile radius around my house for the rest of the winter.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Fitted new Blizzard Sport tyres (in red) to the Carrera Virtuoso, with tape this time since there wasn't any. They'll be better than the worn-out patches on the existing front tyre.

Swopped some tyres around on son2's mtn bike and took the summer tour racks off. Actually it was a couple of days ago and it was freezing and I couldn't feel my hands.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Took the boardman to the LBS to install a new brifter, while they were doing that i cleaned the house and had a turbo session : )

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Made a beer and when the mash was on I fitted the Lidl rack to the Carrera.
What a palava it was, thankfully I had some cable ties to kind of make it sturdy enough to use.
Also used up the last of my babywipes and cleaned the chain

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Fitted the lights, bottle cages, pump holder and bag to the new Spesh Sectuer Comp from the old Ridgeback.

Oh, and found the missing (only) lock key for the lock that's kept the Carrera attached to a post for the past few days ^_^

HovR

Über Member
Adjusted front and rear disc brakes and indexed front and rear gears on a friends MTB. He'd really let it go! The gears were way out..

New chain and ring on the three speed. The bike is now, finally, working the way it would have been if I'd set it properly to start with but was too slack three years ago.

Me, not the chain. Although it too has been slack for a very long time.

Top Bottom