What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fettle Fail this week. Picked up a tasty Selle Italia SLR Gel Flow last week and it's still not fitted to the best bike. Need to tidy the garage first to get to bike !

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Swapped the new (7 speed) 12-32 cassette on the winter bike back to the previous 12-28. Hardly used the 32, and found the gaps 21,26,32 too much. So easy, compared with changing freewheels in the 'good old days'.

Fettle Fail this week. Picked up a tasty Selle Italia SLR Gel Flow last week and it's still not fitted to the best bike. Need to tidy the garage first to get to bike !
If its like my Selle Italia Gel Flow and me, it maybe isn't a fail, I just couldn't get on with mine and its now on the turbo bike (thankfully only used once this year), its maybe strategic planning ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If its like my Selle Italia Gel Flow and me, it maybe isn't a fail, I just couldn't get on with mine and its now on the turbo bike (thankfully only used once this year), its maybe strategic planning ;)

Look it can't be any worse than the Flite Ti I've had on the bike for years (same make) - that is an ass splitter. I like the 'flat top' saddles and have an Selle Italia XR on the fixed and it is fine. The SLR is the same shape, but a fraction of the weight. If not I'll just MTFU - it looks nice ! :rolleyes: NOW FITTED.

IanT

http://www.sprocketwaffle.co.uk
Fitted my new KEO 2 Max pedals to the bike and cleats to my lovely new Specialized BG Comp shoes.

Spent a good 15 minutes getting used to the clip / unclip and then took the bike up the road.

Suddenly I know what all the fuss is about - lovely.

Right - 1 set of Shimano 520 pedals to be listed on the bay.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Worked on the Carrera Virtuoso this evening, mainly because the front derailleur stopped changing ... whilst going up a steep hill ... on a dual-carriageway ... with nowhere to stop :wacko: (I love my commute!)

Front derailleur fixed (cable got stuck), whilst I was at it I cleaned the chain thoroughly and looked at why the headset's wobbly. Finding out why I put it back together promptly and hope it won't fall apart on me!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Noticed a 'click' developing when offside pedal at 6 o'clock, suspected pedal loose, but tight as tight. Tweaked up the chainring bolts, and all is smooth and quiet again.

jayonabike