What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Just finished fitting new brake and gear cables to the wifes bike, 22.06 time for a beer.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I washed my roadie. This is rare for me, but folk have been commenting. Also took the opportunity to 'mickle' the chain, clear crud out of rear mech and fiddle with my brakes, making them worse :laugh:

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Fitted a new computer to the Kona. Speed sensor was much too far from the magnet, and no rubber padding was supplied with the kit. :angry:
Luckily, I had some in stock.

Carol C

Gave the bike a good clean and tried to get all the mud off the tyres from riding over the fields yesterday! It was impossible to get it all off so I came in and had a cup of tea and a piece of home-made cake! LOL

400bhp

Guru
spent 2 hours arsing about with a pair of sks mtb mudguards. The front guard was a right PITA as it was originally fitting right under the v-brake.

Right fiddly job.

Done now though-phew.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Put a new 12-32 cassette (7 speed) on my Peugeot 525 - now winter bike - it shouldn't work with the Shimano short cage mech, but popped the wheel back in and turned the cranks, moved through the gears. Smooth as silk. No adjustments required, didn't have to increase chain length either. Moral seems to be - try it and see!
Edit - correction - I have just recounted my teeth! : The only downside could be the big jump I now have between the 21, 26 and 32 sprockets. The cassette I had been using was a more useful 21, 24, 28. I'm missing that 24!

Top Bottom