What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HovR

Über Member
Added mudguards to the Winter Warrior!
thumbsup.png

Christopher

Über Member
Replaced chain on fixed. Old one was way past the .75 mark on the checker, should have replaced it long since. I also took off a stainless-steel bottle cage and replaced it with a red plastic one, which looks completely wrong on the commuter (it's all browns and blacks otherwise)

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Installed mudguards to my winter bike.

This was done by:

Throwing my radio against the garage wall
hitting the dog
kicking my mountain bike over
swearing loudly
throwing my pliers into a very dark garden
Finally finished installing the mudguards
Pumped the tyres up

RUBBING RUBBING RUBBING AAAARRRGGHH

potsy

Rambler
Installed mudguards to my winter bike.

This was done by:

Throwing my radio against the garage wall
hitting the dog
kicking my mountain bike over
swearing loudly
throwing my pliers into a very dark garden
Finally finished installing the mudguards
Pumped the tyres up

RUBBING RUBBING RUBBING AAAARRRGGHH

It went well then? :whistle:

My most recent fettling was swapping the 23 tyre from the rear to the front, and putting a new 25mm tyre on the rear.
Raceblades just about work rub-free with 25's so will get one for the front too, eventually.
Oh, and fitting my 'spy' mirror to the end of the drops, can now see those sneaky stealth cyclists coming up behind me again :hello:

Christopher

Über Member
This w/e I might have a go at riding along on a wheel with a Campag hub and sprockets that I have attempted to re-space to Shimano 8-speed. It looks the same spacing as real Shimano 8-speed but not sure it will work. But if it does then I can use up my terrible Miche sprockets offroad or for CX as they seem to be made of cheese - won't care much when the teeth break off.

Other project, among many, is to re-build a rear wheel as a tubular using the current hub and spokes leftover from a failed build (hub bearings went after a few thousand miles, but it was very old).

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I bought a JoeBlow Sport 2 pump that goes up to 160 psi and an Ortileb Ultimate 5M Classic bar bag. I am now looking for a turbo trainer for winter.

Steve

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Saddle on the commuter/winter bike kept sliding back on its rails so i removed the retaining bolt down and replaced the bolt and head with parts i had in stock.
The old one had a flat nut head and the new one has a curved one really meant for another seat post so the contact patch is smaller but hopefully it should be ok when tight enough.

400bhp

Guru
Fixed another puncture today.

This time on the rear

Yesterday it was on the front.

Last one before this was a long time ago.

Top Bottom