What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Tiddles still squeaking this morning.
Eventually tracked it down to the bolt though the suspension rubber.
The silicone lube didn't get it but the light machine oil did.:thumbsup:
I will probably need to get a new rubber now!:sad:

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Still trying to get my left pedal off
angry.gif

Cyclox

I'll probably never fettle ever again after my flippin' mishap! Still off the bike......& still very sore! At the moment my LBS loves me. They are doing all my fettling at the moment making sure everythings ready for the bad weather still to come!

wakou

Über Member
Fitted new pedals, bought for cheaps from another forum. Lubed all cables and tried to index gears. Result = 85% success went out for a tootle. NP. Me = :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Changed brompton brake levers for shimano ones, put a pair of wellgo removable pedals on, went for a little ride. Back brake 'feel' not quite how I want it but locks the wheel so guess I will leave it for now.

albion

Guru
Fitted a new Deore drailleur early this week still to find changing problems and a clunk under load.It turned out that I had broken the rear hub spindle, at the drive side of course.Obviously hollow quick release ones are weaker and maybe it is extra torque from the well used granny gear that savages it.Hopefully now fixed and the longer cage certainly gives a much better change between granny gears.New balls too.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Thorough wash off after sandy Heath and salty beech prom last week. Lubed up too (the bike).
Fitted some new SKS Chromoplastic mudguards. What I pig to get right! Nice tho now they're on, and no more sandy mud over my arse!

400bhp

Guru
Got covered in crud on a 60 miler around S Cheshire lanes today. Had to wash down the bike with a hose, clean with car shampoo and finish off with GT85.

potsy

Rambler
Got covered in crud on a 60 miler around S Cheshire lanes today. Had to wash down the bike with a hose, clean with car shampoo and finish off with GT85.

Aww, if I'd known that I'd have brought mine round for you to do too ;)

Had my first ever go at wheel truing today, it did have a 3mm wobble it now has about 1mm. Will leave it there and test ride tomorow :thumbsup:

albion

Guru
Just maybe I should have left the old chain on.I've now had to change the freewheel. Maybe I ahd another 1000+ miles with the old freewheel old chain combo.Did the new dérailleur really deserve a new chain?

Top Bottom