What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Put dynamo lights on new bike. Used a B and M IQ XS on the front and the secula rear from another bike. The dynohub is a Kasai which is a new one on me. Wiring the plug involves bending and sandwiching cable between two parts of a small plastic brick. A bit crude but works ok. Spent a while getting the rear cable positioned, need a few clear cable ties to finish it off. Always satisfying when you spin the wheel and the lights come on!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
1696100561449.png

Done and dusted sram rival 22 with os jockey wheels
Front shifter turned out to be a right bastich as the new cable head snapped in the shifter ! had to take the side panel off to fish it out and luckily i had another cable knocking about .Rear set up sweet but im not happy with the front i think the cable tension isn't perfect as the trim isn't working properly .
New bar tape proper figure of 8 without using the extra bits behind the shifter .
EDIT just found out it doesnt have trim as the FD is a yaw jobbie so i have watched a video and will have another play ,Im so used to shimano and older sram without yaw i didnt even consider it

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Put dynamo lights on new bike. Used a B and M IQ XS on the front and the secula rear from another bike. The dynohub is a Kasai which is a new one on me. Wiring the plug involves bending and sandwiching cable between two parts of a small plastic brick. A bit crude but works ok. Spent a while getting the rear cable positioned, need a few clear cable ties to finish it off. Always satisfying when you spin the wheel and the lights come on!

Same brick method as Shimano and SP and field repairable if cable pulls out.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Got the correct adapters from Superstar Components to make my Element Roadlite wheels thru-axle compatible with my Contend AR3, and fitted the wheels last night. They had been wearing QR adaptors. Leaves the original Giant wheels free to wear Marathon Winter studded tyres for any icy commutes.

Jameshow

Veteran
View attachment 708200
Done and dusted sram rival 22 with os jockey wheels
Front shifter turned out to be a right bastich as the new cable head snapped in the shifter ! had to take the side panel off to fish it out and luckily i had another cable knocking about .Rear set up sweet but im not happy with the front i think the cable tension isn't perfect as the trim isn't working properly .
New bar tape proper figure of 8 without using the extra bits behind the shifter .
EDIT just found out it doesnt have trim as the FD is a yaw jobbie so i have watched a video and will have another play ,Im so used to shimano and older sram without yaw i didnt even consider it

That's ironic as the earliest Boardman's also came with SRAM rival!

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
A visit this evening from a German traveller who was staying with a friend. He'd broken a spoke in his Rohloff rear wheel. I didn't have any spokes short enough, so cut the elbow off a longer one and bent it at the correct length to form a 'Z'. Fitted it and tensioned it and he went away happy.

Went to remove the knackered Suntour drive side crank off the better half's Kona(nds one fell off as the splines are worn) but realised I didn't have a suitable splined crank remover:rolleyes::banghead:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A crankset swap on son no. 2's old Columbus X-Wing cross bike. He's left it behind and, as all of my bikes are going into the LBS shortly for a Shimano crankset check, I'll be without a bike for commuting. They've stated a 10-day turn-around and therefore I'll need a commuter for a bit and due to security concerns currently at work regarding bike storage I'm not taking anything valuable. This will do fine.

He'd always said he didn't want to upgrade his old Sora crankset so I left it. This afternoon I've swapped that for an Ultegra 6750 one and the Sora one can be sold.

At a later date it'll get the Ultegra 6700 shifters from my audax bike and the Tiagra 4600 ones on there can also be sold.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
due to security concerns currently at work regarding bike storage I'm not taking anything valuable.

If I take anything other than my commuter MTB, it's always ended up in the office with me. We now have student's using the multi-storey car park bike parking, so just have to be a bit more careful - risk of 'tail gaters' are the problem - we've had that issue at a more secure staff only parking recently.

Top Bottom