What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A couple more tubes suitable for 622-35 tyres. For the first time, I punctured one with a tyre lever - which I will try and patch up shortly.

A Topeak track pump. I still have one from Decathlon I bought many moons ago, and whilst it's still working (albeit occasionally struggling to grip the skinnier valve stems on TPU tubes), the gauge has never been easy to read on account of it being too small, with the clear larger demarcations 20 psi apart and the smaller ones spaced at 4 psi that are impossible to see.

500 assorted stickers. I'm going to sticker bomb the Felt Broam. And, speaking of theft deterrent measures, an angle grinder resistant D-lock.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
500 assorted stickers. I'm going to sticker bomb the Felt Broam.

Cool ! Please-please show progress / finished pics. You lacquering over the top when done; or ?

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
As much as I'd love to, I won't be going for artistic prowess here - I'm trying to make the bike look less attractive, not more! :P
But then to some, ugly is beautiful.

I'll probably post up a review thread and throw some pictures in there.

I wasn’t expecting anything. Just quite a different thing to do. I’m interested whatever you goal !! 😎

Gunk

Guru
One of these, great little tool

IMG_4342.jpeg

IMG_4344.jpeg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The re-ordered SRAM Rival shifter arrived today and it's the correct right hand one this time. Came with the gear wire pre-installed so I've just threaded in the brake wire and now all I need is a couple of free hours to fit it along with the rear derailleur delivered at the start of the month. Then all my bikes will be 11 speed and only minimal spares will need to be kept in stock.

Last edited:
48 spoke wheelset

That's a lot of spokes! Out of curiosity, what wheelset?

VAR lever

Excuse my ignorance ... what's one of those?

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Dug out my Look Keo pedals today and ordered some new cleats, also bought a used Garmin Edge 200, I’ve never used a Garmin before so I thought this would be an inexpensive toe in the water.

Interesting ! Good for you 😎

New, used or ?

I’ve been debating getting a 130 model’Plus’ bundle. Which is supposed to be a compact unit. But with enough features to keep you amused for around £130-£150 posted - new. Still debating 🤷‍♂️

geocycle

Legendary Member
Worked my way through my litre Stans tubeless tyre sealant with mixed results. Just bought some of the Mucoff version for gravel and road bikes. Reviews sound positive, let’s see if my tubeless experience improves.

Top Bottom