What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I meant to add that I saw this at the Grosvenor Picture Theatre in Ashton Lane, Glasgow, a fab wee cinema and the oldest in Glasgow.

It has soft leather armchairs and two-seater sofas and tickets are only £10 (concession) or £11.

We took advantage of the 50% food discount to have dinner in the restaurant right after the film. Just show your cinema ticket for that day (Sunday to Thursday) and half price food is yours!

Highly recommended.

I meant to add that I saw this at the Grosvenor Picture Theatre in Ashton Lane, Glasgow, a fab wee cinema and the oldest in Glasgow.

It has soft leather armchairs and two-seater sofas and tickets are only £10 (concession) or £11.

We took advantage of the 50% food discount to have dinner in the restaurant right after the film. Just show your cinema ticket for that day (Sunday to Thursday) and half price food is yours!

Highly recommended.

Sounds cool!
(Where is this "Glasgow" place? Can I get there on my Network Railcard?)

AndyRM

XOXO

Highly recommended.

Love The Grosvenor, I didn't realise it was the oldest in Glasgow! That's a cracking discount on the food too, which has always been lush when I've been, and that's far too long ago now.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
CBGB... I was expecting a proper documentary rather than a biopic, so was a little let down to begin with, but it was OK. Great soundtrack mind

He Dreams of Giants... the second documentary movie of Terry Gilliam's ill-fated Don Quixote film. With all the charm, disaster and uncertainty of Lost in La Mancha, it feels improbable that the film will ever be finished (again), and therein lies its charm.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
A film I’ve seen loads of times on the telly but never at the cinema, until yesterday:
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

I loved it.

Wallach steals the show with his portrayal of Tuco, and he has all the best and funniest lines.

The intense stand-off at the cemetery was all the more impressive on the big screen with that fabulous music building and building.

Each shot getting tighter on their faces as they wait to see who’ll draw first until it’s just their eyes visible, Angel Eyes’ and Blondie’s becoming increasingly narrow and determined, while Wallach’s got wider and more panicked.

In my view, the best four and a half minutes of anticipation there’s ever been in a movie.

Watch it and tell me I’m wrong…

View: https://youtu.be/4LcVQJ4IBtM?si=teWEA0TPe8sFzNKg

There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend - those who think The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is a great film and those who are wrong!

I've also never seen it at the cinema, must be awesome.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Mixed by Erry

An Italian film about Erry, a aspiring if shy DJ who has a ear for catchy music

Thanks for this. I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. 👏👏👏
make sure you sit through ALL the credits to the very end; I'll say no more

Dammit! I’ll have to go back and watch those now…

Edit to add: Ha ha, thanks again. Good spot!

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Heat. As splendid as ever. Also recommended, Godzilla Minus One- the plaudits were not misplaced.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Can anyone id a film from the following few details I saw in a trailer the other day? Not sure if it's for a forthcoming film, or one that's been released in recent years. It might just be a short, or a TV series.

Details:
IT's form the "found footage" genre, with the footage showing how a person went missing after going through a door - it looks like a standard door and doorframe, but it's a portal to some kind of alternate reality/realities.
The protagonist of the film has obtained the door, and I think has brought it back to his house/apartment.
The rest of the film is presumably exploring through the portal and finding out what happened to the missing person.
Likely sci-fiction/horror elements.

Alas, didn't catch the name of the film. Couldn't tell you any of the actors, or their nationality.

Fancied some Superhero nonsense so Dr Strange in the Multitude of Madness and then later Thor:Love and Thunder.

Dr Strange is really quite useless, I can imagine I enjoyed it at the time to try and fit it into the ongoing story but watching it back its got nothing going for it. The CGI effects are also really bad at times.

Thor:Love and Thunder is the opposite and better the 2nd time around. Its silly and loud and nonsense in a good way, Christian Bale is quite a decent baddy and Russell Crowe pops up as a campy Zeus who appears to be loving it.

AndyRM

XOXO
Can anyone id a film from the following few details I saw in a trailer the other day? Not sure if it's for a forthcoming film, or one that's been released in recent years. It might just be a short, or a TV series.

Details:
IT's form the "found footage" genre, with the footage showing how a person went missing after going through a door - it looks like a standard door and doorframe, but it's a portal to some kind of alternate reality/realities.
The protagonist of the film has obtained the door, and I think has brought it back to his house/apartment.
The rest of the film is presumably exploring through the portal and finding out what happened to the missing person.
Likely sci-fiction/horror elements.

Alas, didn't catch the name of the film. Couldn't tell you any of the actors, or their nationality.

That sounds like it could be I Saw the TV Glow, which is quite recent.

Any more clues?

lazybloke

Considering a new username
That sounds like it could be I Saw the TV Glow, which is quite recent.

Any more clues?

Thanks but that's not it. I think it was for a new/imminent film, but possibly on a subscription channel.
From what i remember, the door was literally a traditional painted panelled interior door in its frame, and was a portal to infinite alternate realities.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The Deliverance
On Netflix. A possession movie that started off really well with a great back story and great acting from the cast, especially by Glenn Close, but unfortunately it was let down by rehashing the usual stuff you see in possession movies that has been seen plenty of times before and haven't really been bettered since the Exorcist or the Exorcism Of Emily Rose.

Top Bottom