What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I revisited Dead Man's Shoes the other night, as I do occasionally. For those who don't know it's a revenge flick where Paddy [Edit]Considine[/Edit] returns to his small town to sort out some small-time scumbags who abused his brother. Bleak, dark and gripping as always..

If anyone likes Paddy Considine and hasn't seen this, go and watch it. Do not ready anything about the film going into it, just watch it :okay:

We watched The Fugitive recently.
It’s a great adventure romp, with Tommy Lee Jones giving a fantastic performance.
It’s a remake of a 1960s TV series, which I have never seen.

Surely an "adaptation"? Unless it was a very short series!?!

Great film, either way!

Adam4868

Guru
I can't believe people hadn't seen Quadrophenia....Jaws and Dead Man's Shoes !
I'm just waiting for someone to say they haven't seen Star Wars,now that I can get on board with 😁

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm just waiting for someone to say they haven't seen Star Wars,now that I can get on board with 😁

I have already submitted my mitigating circumstances for Quadrophenia m'lud!

I don't mind Star Wars, my best mate hates them though, does that somehow count?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have seen Star Wars, but never understood the fuss about it. That is probably because I was 21 when it was made. If I had been 10 years younger I would probably have loved it. I never bothered watching any of the other films in the franchise.

I probably have watched Dead Man's Shoes but can't remember it so I think that I might rent it on Prime, despite mixed opinions on it. I don't normally pay extra to watch movies but it is only £0.99, so why not!

AndyRM

XOXO
I have seen Star Wars, but never understood the fuss about it. That is probably because I was 21 when it was made. If I had been 10 years younger I would probably have loved it. I never bothered watching any of the other films in the franchise.

I probably have watched Dead Man's Shoes but can't remember it so I think that I might rent it on Prime, despite mixed opinions on it. I don't normally pay extra to watch movies but it is only £0.99, so why not!

If anyone tells you anything other than "it's excellent" don't listen to them, for they are wrong.

Adam4868

Guru
I have already submitted my mitigating circumstances for Quadrophenia m'lud!

I don't mind Star Wars, my best mate hates them though, does that somehow count?
No
Think I'd of been about 9 or 10 when it came out....I was more Enter the Dragon,could nick in the Odeon in them days.
. I don't normally pay extra to watch movies but it is only £0.99, so why not!
Push the boat out Col !

I've never seen The Shining.

A lot of the trouble with Star Wars comes from how utterly insane some of the fans can be, actors involved in the franchise are subject to some of the most horrific abuse because of 'duh reasons'. Then the production behind the films (and the series, the animated franchises, the books, the comics etc etc) is so over analysed and explained it does put people off.

I love the franchise but I stick to regarding it as a story about magic space wizards set in the past, I enjoy it more that way!

gazwheels

Regular
I revisited Dead Man's Shoes the other night, as I do occasionally. For those who don't know it's a revenge flick where Paddy [Edit]Considine[/Edit] returns to his small town to sort out some small-time scumbags who abused his brother. Bleak, dark and gripping as always..

A quality film, I recommended this to someone just last week. Paddy at his best.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I did end up watching Dead Man's Shoes last night.

I have a vague feeling that I saw it when it was first released 20 years ago, but it wasn't the film I had been thinking about. I will have to do some research to find out which one that was.

It is obviously a very bleak film but I enjoyed it.

The scenery looked very Yorkshire/Peak District. I searched after the film finished and discovered that much of it was shot around Matlock. I fancy having a cycling break round there sometime!

The final scenes were shot in the ruins of Riber Castle. That has since been turned into luxury apartments. If you have £500,000 - £1,000,000 spare to spend on a posh pad on top of a Derbyshire hill, take a look HERE!

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
We watched Deadpool & Wolverine last night. It was quite entertaining but I'd only give it a 6/10. The previous Deadpool films contained good humour but also felt like serious films. This one did not. There were a lot of cameos from various other Marvel characters, and this seemed to take it into a "leaving party" film rather than a serious superhero action movie

Top Bottom