What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Point Break late last night.
Class film which I've watched so many times,got me all nostalgic as used to watch this all the time when younger and travelling.Cult film that seemed like it was on in every guest house in South East Asia in the 90s
Is it a it's so bad it's good or is it just a great film ? I love it anyway...one of those films that's entertaining no matter how many times you've watched it.
"Found a passport of yours in Sumatra. Missed you by about a week in Fiji. But I knew you wouldn't miss the 50-Year Storm, Bodhi"
😍

AndyRM

XOXO
Point Break late last night.
Class film which I've watched so many times,got me all nostalgic as used to watch this all the time when younger and travelling.Cult film that seemed like it was on in every guest house in South East Asia in the 90s
Is it a it's so bad it's good or is it just a great film ? I love it anyway...one of those films that's entertaining no matter how many times you've watched it.
"Found a passport of yours in Sumatra. Missed you by about a week in Fiji. But I knew you wouldn't miss the 50-Year Storm, Bodhi"
😍

It's just a great film.

Have you seen the "remake"? It's actually quite good, but nothing like the original. Probably wouldn't have got panned of they hadn't tried to pretend that's what it was.

Punkawallah

Über Member
Watched ‘Ministery of Ungentlemanly Warfare’ last night. Very ‘Boys Own Paper’ stuff, with the baddies (products of the ‘over-actors guild’) eventually getting their come-uppance.
Looks like the actors had a hoot, and so did I.

Adam4868

Guru
It's just a great film.

Have you seen the "remake"? It's actually quite good, but nothing like the original. Probably wouldn't have got panned of they hadn't tried to pretend that's what it was.
No to be honest Andy I rarely watch remakes of films I like...for me it's a bit like reading a book then watching the film,I never feel like they can do it justice.Cant think of of a remake I like of the top of my head ?
Point Break is a bit like certain music tracks for me,takes me back to a certain time and I don't want to spoil it 😁

AndyRM

XOXO
No to be honest Andy I rarely watch remakes of films I like...for me it's a bit like reading a book then watching the film,I never feel like they can do it justice.Cant think of of a remake I like of the top of my head ?
Point Break is a bit like certain music tracks for me,takes me back to a certain time and I don't want to spoil it 😁

Heat is a remake I guess, but broadly I agree.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I saw Alien when it came out but I've not seen any of the sequels.
Go as far as Alien 3; which gets a bad rap for some legit reasons but I still think is very good.

Those afterwards are watchable but increasingly a blight on a franchise that should have stopped at the third IMO.

Heat is a remake I guess, but broadly I agree.
That's an interesting thought - similarities certainly... fantastic film regardless.

I revisited Dead Man's Shoes the other night, as I do occasionally. For those who don't know it's a revenge flick where Paddy [Edit]Considine[/Edit] returns to his small town to sort out some small-time scumbags who abused his brother. Bleak, dark and gripping as always..

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Go as far as Alien 3; which gets a bad rap for some legit reasons but I still think is very good.
Those afterwards are watchable but increasingly a blight on a franchise that should have stopped at the third IMO.

That's an interesting thought - similarities certainly... fantastic film regardless.

I revisited Dead Man's Shoes the other night, as I do occasionally. For those who don't know it's a revenge flick where Paddy Constantine returns to his small town to sort out some small-time scumbags who abused his brother. Bleak, dark and gripping as always..

Dead Man's shoes is ace! Introduced me to Paddy Considine who is just stellar in everything.

dicko

Guru
Jurassic park 2, pretty good we enjoyed it

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No Way Up. Pretty rubbish. It's billed as a shark/escape/disaster movie but it's pretty poor in all of those departments

I remembered I've seen it - that's where the shark 'swims' inside the airplane isn't it ?

New Ghostbusters - pretty decent, and half of the new Bad Boys movie (was getting late).

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
We watched The Fugitive recently.
It’s a great adventure romp, with Tommy Lee Jones giving a fantastic performance.
It’s a remake of a 1960s TV series, which I have never seen.

AndyRM

XOXO
This is 40 - 6/10

A lot of laughs help a fairly predictable "help I'm getting old" story trundle along to not much of a conclusion. An enjoyable enough meander, worth watching for Melissa McCarthy alone, but then most things are.

Top Bottom