What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
The Banshees of Inisherin....
Bleak,beautiful,haunting loved it.Not that easy of a watch but can't stop thinking about it.

Just googled it. That does sound good.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The Banshees of Inisherin....
Bleak,beautiful,haunting loved it.Not that easy of a watch but can't stop thinking about it.

It certainly has merit, but it came across a bit like a stage play, but one that hadn't had enough of a run to tighten it up a bit. It's bleak and desperately sad, and despite some funny moments, it really isn't a comedy. The three leads are great. However it's more a darker version of Waiting for Godot rather than "In Bruges" or "the Guard"

Adam4868

Guru
It certainly has merit, but it came across a bit like a stage play, but one that hadn't had enough of a run to tighten it up a bit. It's bleak and desperately sad, and despite some funny moments, it really isn't a comedy. The three leads are great. However it's more a darker version of Waiting for Godot rather than "In Bruges" or "the Guard"
I have to disagree,it's not really meant to be funny unless in a kind of tragic way.Also nobody said is was going to be a remake of In Bruges ? Just because it's the same director,could of made the comparison to Three Billboards....it's a standalone film that your either going to love or hate.I loved it.The setting and the cinemetoghy make it worthwhile alone.

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I have to disagree,it's not really meant to be funny unless in a kind of tragic way.Also nobody said is was going to be a remake of In Bruges ? Just because it's the same director,could of made the comparison to Three Billboards....it's a standalone film that your either going to love or hate.I was the latter.The setting and the cinemetoghy make it worthwhile alone.

I don't think you do disagree as that's pretty much my view, and what I was at least trying to say too. I should clarify that despite me saying it had merit, I can't say I exactly enjoyed it either

Last edited:

mustang1

Legendary Member
I think I've only seen the first one; is Part 2 unmentionably bad?? :-/

So here's the thing about movies like Night at the Museum et at: they just are not my type of movie. But if I'm in the right mood and just want to not think about anything, it's a great movie to watch with the kids. I enjoy it that they enjoy it and that makes me enjoy it more. If that makes sense.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Decent enough film and enjoyed it.

CGI was incredible.

Messy and slightly confusing start although all was explained in first 15 minutes or so.

Very laboured storyline in the middle of the film - would have been a better film if edited to around a couple of hours.

Underwater action was v.clever but the forest action in the original film was more engaging.

7/10

It would be good if cinemas reprised intermissions - 3hrs 12mins is a long, long watch without a break.

Decent enough film and enjoyed it.

CGI was incredible.

Messy and slightly confusing start although all was explained in first 15 minutes or so.

Very laboured storyline in the middle of the film - would have been a better film if edited to around a couple of hours.

Underwater action was v.clever but the forest action in the original film was more engaging.

7/10

It would be good if cinemas reprised intermissions - 3hrs 12mins is a long, long watch without a break.

Sounds like thirsty work.

Top Bottom