What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Squire
All Quiet On The Western Front (2022) on Netflix
2.5 hours :whistle:, never got bored though, thoroughly enjoyed it (if that's the right word for a subject so terrible)

It wasn't swashbucklingly American in style like you might expect in many war films, more sympathetic, just a haunting view of the war through a young recruits eyes.

American Pyscho (Film4 Horror Season)

If you like closure in your films, don't watch this lol It's definately a film that gets better every time you watch it as there are so many little things in the dialogue that suggest what might be happening...is not actually what is happening. It's famous for it's violence, sex and the soundtrack (a great 80s OST!) but it's so much more than the 1st two and a shockingly good sattire at how I imagine 80s yuppie culture to have been like.

AndyRM

XOXO
American Pyscho (Film4 Horror Season)

If you like closure in your films, don't watch this lol It's definately a film that gets better every time you watch it as there are so many little things in the dialogue that suggest what might be happening...is not actually what is happening. It's famous for it's violence, sex and the soundtrack (a great 80s OST!) but it's so much more than the 1st two and a shockingly good sattire at how I imagine 80s yuppie culture to have been like.

It really is.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Another one to watch All Quiet On The Western Front on Netflix.
A very well made remake that's very brutal in its portrayal of the horrors of the first world war.

AndyRM

XOXO
One Cut of the Dead - 9/10

I don't want to give too much away about this, but it starts off as one thing and becomes something completely different, and hilarious. I haven't laughed so much at a film in a while. It's Japanese for those who may be subtitle averse.

AndyRM

XOXO
Crimes of the Future

Not scoring this, because like most of Cronenberg's it needs a second viewing. At least. But it's got many of his usual themes and tropes and I enjoyed it thoroughly. He's also excelled himself in the minging body horror stakes, which is no mean feat.

The Wall
Tense, slow burning Iraq war , sniper vs sniper showdown.

AndyRM

XOXO
Terrifier 2 - 7/10

This is very much not for the faint of heart, but I find reports of people fainting and vomiting in the cinema a bit far fetched.

A huge improvement on the first, which was just a vehicle for gore. It's got a much more human feel, and characters are actually developed, especially Sienna.

I did find the gorier parts getting a bit repetitive, though some of them were truly outstanding if that's your thing.

Potential for a third, as there are a lot of unanswered questions.

AndyRM

XOXO
All Quiet on the Western Front - 9/10

One of the most powerful war stories told, no matter the format. This doesn't disappoint. Even though I've read the book several times, and knew what was coming, it still packs a massive punch.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Grownups - I wanted a no-brain-needed feel good comedy.

Then I watched
Slumdog Millionaire - I was in two minds to watch this after having just watched the aforementioned film but I'm glad I did as it reminds me to keep going.

Top Bottom