What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Squire
Miss Leslie's Dolls

The synopsis here from Prime sums it up perfectly, one for the 'so bad it's good' category. 😂

Screenshot_20221020_221252.jpg

Poltergeist (1982)

This is an absolute classic horror, I've seen it before but not for a long time. The effects are very good, especially the scene with the [Spoilers!]. On previous watching I didn't notice this but there's some subtle building of the characters willingness to accept the initial events by showing them smoking cannabis and alluding to them being more 'freespirited'.

One new sad fact I learnt was I knew the the actress who played the youngest daughter died young, but the middle daughter's actress was killed the same year as the film came out by her boyfriend😬

stephec

Squire
We just watched "Legend"; a film about th Krays. Tom Hardy plays both - often in the same scene which is quit clever. Hardy is brilliant as always and it's an excellent film.

The way he plays Ronnie is brilliant, no idea if it's true to life but good all the same.

stephec

Squire
The Good Shepherd

An outstanding Yale student is recruited into the intelligence services at the start of WWII, and then goes on through to join the CIA, the film follows his story until the mid sixties.

Decent enough for the first hour, but then it drags and you feel every second of it's 2 hrs 19 mins.

5/10.

AndyRM

XOXO
Personally I thought that Legend was awful. But then I don't rate Tom Hardy at all. He mumbles his way through everything. That said, I rate Bronson highly, though that's because of Nic Refn's direction.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I went to see Black Adam with my son.
He enjoyed it, which is the target audience.
I thought it was absolute garbage.
It’s terminator meets the mummy meets any other generic super hero caper, without any of the originality.
I’m totally fed up with crash bang superhero films. Hollywood need to have a think about how many superhero films they need.
1/5

Adam4868

Guru
Personally I thought that Legend was awful. But then I don't rate Tom Hardy at all. He mumbles his way through everything. That said, I rate Bronson highly, though that's because of Nic Refn's direction.
Agree about Legend as I thought it was cheesy ! But I do like Tom Hardy although he does seem to get typecast a lot in certain roles.Locke, Rockenrolla,Inception are somemof his better films of the top of my head.

Adam4868

Guru
It’s terminator meets the mummy meets any other generic super hero caper, without any of the originality.
I’m totally fed up with crash bang superhero films. Hollywood need to have a think about how many superhero films they need.
1/5
My daughter went to see that the other night and said roughly the same,thought it was crap.Although she did say to me "what did you expect with a name like Adam"

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
1/5

But as you said, your kid enjoyed it and that is their target audience. So they'll keep on making them.

Top Bottom