What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dambusters.
They are using the US version in which Guy Gibson's dog was dubbed "Trigger" so as not to offend. The deaths of 600 German civillians and 1000 Soviet forced labourers was omitted so I wasnt triggered.
They are still editing out secret features of the bomb such as the reverse rotation, and the shape of the device was altered.
They must have had only three flight worthy Lancasters at the time of filming, that is all you ever see.
The inspiration for Star Wars almost scene for scene.
Still , made me proud to be British.

Apparently this would be classed as a war crime today I read somewhere ? I suppose flooding a valley would kill plenty of civilians.

The Young Offenders - 6/10

Daft, predictable and totally unoriginal but not without its charm. Be warned, it features bicycle thievery!

Excellent film that set off the TV series - albeit with a few tweaks to the characters.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Pink Floyd's The Wall - first time I've seen this accompanyment to an album I love.

An engaging and unflinching study of the sorry protagonist's battle with dysfunctions stemming from childhood illness, an absent father and domineering mother. Very good if pretty heavy going..

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Pink Floyd's The Wall - first time I've seen this accompanyment to an album I love.

An engaging and unflinching study of the sorry protagonist's battle with dysfunctions stemming from childhood illness, an absent father and domineering mother. Very good if pretty heavy going..

I originally saw the movie back in the day, week of release at Odeon Leicester Square. Jeez it was loud.

Last edited:

stephec

Squire
Bohemian Rhapsody

Not normally my kind of film, and I was never a big Queen fan, but thought I'd give it a go anyway.

And I'm glad I did, an excellent film that those of a certain age will have the odd reminisce to as each track is performed.

8/10.

Edit: forgot to add, sometimes when I'm watching a film I'll be on my phone playing Candy Crush as I watch, this time it was that good that I didn't touch my phone once. 😊

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Both the Jack Reacher films - 5/10

Not normally my cup of tea, but I got the first book in the series as part of a 'mystery purchase' at The Works (pay £1, get a book which could be anything). These really aren't my thing at all, I always feel that they're books for people who don't actually like reading. But whatever, I'm about half way through, checked the synopsis of the first film - it's based on a different book - and watched.

It's just every action cliche rolled into one. And while there's nothing wrong with that, it's not even that well done, trying to be all tough and gritty, with a few throwaway one-liners, but ultimately failing.

The second one, Never Go Back, is essentially a remake of the first film. There's even an identical escape sequence and several very similar fight scenes. Albeit with the 'twist' of a prospective child.

There's a TV series, which hell mend me, I'm going to watch when I've finished the book.

Both the Jack Reacher films - 5/10

Not normally my cup of tea, but I got the first book in the series as part of a 'mystery purchase' at The Works (pay £1, get a book which could be anything). These really aren't my thing at all, I always feel that they're books for people who don't actually like reading. But whatever, I'm about half way through, checked the synopsis of the first film - it's based on a different book - and watched.

It's just every action cliche rolled into one. And while there's nothing wrong with that, it's not even that well done, trying to be all tough and gritty, with a few throwaway one-liners, but ultimately failing.

The second one, Never Go Back, is essentially a remake of the first film. There's even an identical escape sequence and several very similar fight scenes. Albeit with the 'twist' of a prospective child.

There's a TV series, which hell mend me, I'm going to watch when I've finished the book.

Someone worked out Jack Reachers travelling expenses and military pension to see if the lifestyle was viable.
Living expenses are $30,000 per year , paying no tax or health insurance.
That requires savings of $550,000.
15 years of military service does not ensure a pension.
Maybe he shoplifts.

FishFright

More wheels than sense

The first time I watched that I'd had a few Liberty Cap's ... very intense.

Top Bottom