What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Loved the Hammer House of Horror as a kid....used to go round to my grandparents to watch it.Then run upstairs to bed slamming doors behind me !
For some reason I remember Dianna Dors being paticulary creepy :ohmy:

AndyRM

XOXO
Showing your age there mate....I allways wondered who Pete Murphy was singing about :rolleyes:

I'm 36.

And don't get me wrong, I love the Hammer Dracula films, but Lugosi is best. Perhaps followed by Gary Oldman.

stephec

Squire
Loved the Hammer House of Horror as a kid....used to go round to my grandparents to watch it.Then run upstairs to bed slamming doors behind me !
For some reason I remember Dianna Dors being paticulary creepy :ohmy:

I used to love them, the one I really remember is The House That Dripped Blood, about a couple who moved into a haunted house and sold their story to the newspapers.

gbb

Squire
Had a bad stomach since Thursday afternoon, not really been anywhere, done anything, bored.
Film time then, scan through Netflix, oooh, War Of The Worlds (2021)
Loved the first two, gotta be worth a go.
Nah, i knew within 5 minutes it was going to be carp. I didnt know how bad it was, really really poor...i mean really poor. How do films:angry: like this get the finance, poor storyline, poor acting, over expressive facial shots (trying waaaay too hard to convey shock, horror, surprise, whatever) its almost childlike, i shake my head in disappointment and disgust. Awful.
Didnt even bother to finish it.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
The Kingsman , very strange indeed

Adam4868

Guru
I saw on the TV listings that Jaws: The Revenge is on tonight. That sounds like a real classic! :whistle:

"The island community of Amity is terrorised by shark attacks when a vengeful shark returns to avenge the death of her progeny."

:laugh:
I can't remember any of the sequels....I'm not sure I've even seen them.The original was too good as a kid.

John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness.
JC seems to be a marmite director but I like his work. A lot of the usual JC motiffs, ancient artifact, malevolent influence, team of experts up against the unknown , zombies, more zombies, Alice Cooper. This one has religion as a lie to conceal the science.
Not scary and no real shocks but very spooky.

Top Bottom