What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I don't get it - why would you watch movies again that you hadn't enjoyed the first time round? :wacko:

I remember finding David Lynch's Dune utterly underwhelming the first time round, but it's a film held in such high praise by SF critics and many of my peers that I figured I must be missing something. I must have watched four times over the years, hoping to see what they see, but each time it only underwhelmed me a little more than it previously did. :stop:

I turned Bill & Ted's Big Adventure off after ten minutes the first time, told some friends how rubbish it was, only to be told otherwise. Gave it a 2nd chance and loved it :okay:

Sometimes we're just wrong, other times not.

Adam4868

Guru
I remember finding David Lynch's Dune utterly underwhelming the first time round,
Once was enough.....it's shite.
I turned Bill & Ted's Big Adventure off after ten minutes
Needs to be watched under the influence....you'll see it in a whole new light 😁

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I don't get it - why would you watch movies again that you hadn't enjoyed the first time round? :wacko:

The only times that I have done it is when I had forgotten that I had watched them before. My usual reaction is to become increasingly irritated then shout at myself and stop watching once I finally realise.

I've watched movies again and found that first time around, maybe because I was a kid or sleepy/drunk whatever. I see sides of characters or the plot that I missed the first time. Maybe I'm just thick and it takes longer for me to understand, I don't know!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've watched movies again and found that first time around, maybe because I was a kid or sleepy/drunk whatever.
Watching movies when drunk - that will never do! :whistle:

One Monday evening, nowt much on TV so I walked down to the local video rental shop. I rented a rather exciting sounding thriller. It wasn't bad, not quite as entertaining as I'd hoped though.

A few days passed... Friday evening, nowt much on TV so I walked down to the local video rental shop. I rented a rather exciting sounding thriller. It seemed vaguely familiar, but I stuck with it for an hour. No, it seemed really familiar and I was anticipating every twist in its complex plot. It took me another 20 minutes to remember that it was the same DVD I'd rented 4 days earlier!

Two weeks later, nowt much on TV so I walked down to the local video rental shop. I rented a rather exciting sounding thriller, walked out of the shop and got 50 yards up the road only to stop dead in my tracks and do the mightiest facepalm of my life... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! :blush:
Yes... excessive alcohol consumption was involved! :blush::laugh:

mustang1

Legendary Member

The only times that I have done it is when I had forgotten that I had watched them before. My usual reaction is to become increasingly irritated then shout at myself and stop watching once I finally realise.

Yeah it sounds kinda weird now that you mention it! :smile:

Uhm, I'm not sure. I had a feeling it would be better the 2nd time round.

Badger_Boom

Veteran
Watching movies when drunk - that will never do! :whistle:

Yes... excessive alcohol consumption was involved! :blush::laugh:

My brother and I once spent a convivial evening in the pub with friends before heading home via a kebab shop while somewhat the worse for wear. When we got in, one of us recalled seeing a trailer for Monty Python and the Holy Grail earlier in the day so we settled in for a good laugh.

We sat through a good hour of Excalibur before we realised we might be watching the wrong thing.

Last edited:

mustang1

Legendary Member
Once upon a time in Hollywood.

An all-star cast! But ya know what? I wasn't too impressed and then i came to the realisation that i dont really like tarantino movies a whole bunch. Sure I used to watch them when i went out with the guys but I didnt really like any of them. In fact they were all kinda silly.

So thats it then, no more tarantino movies for me.

mustang1

Legendary Member
I saw Top Gun: Maverick. O2 freebie Monday
It felt like watching the first one again!
If you like fast airplanes and fit blokes stripped to the waist then it might be for you :biggrin:

Oh yeah i forgot i watched that! Three times! Yeah that was a REALLY good movie (but I should have limited myself to just two showings).

stephec

Squire
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (2011)

I'm aware of the film title in that there's been previous versions of the book, but I haven't see any of them or read the book so treated it as a standalone film.

It was a good cast and well acted, a good piece of entertainment.

7/10.

Top Bottom