What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Piranha (2010). I knew it was going to be awful, and it was. Although I think the film was laughing at itself which made it a fun watch, in a B movie boob fest type way
As a modern B movie, it's pretty much perfect I reckon. Utterly, utterly stupid and a very good remake of the original.

Piranha 3DD is even more daft, but not as good.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I don't know, some of the later Brosnan ones were a bit poor, and the one with the invisible car really scraped the barrel.

That wasn't even a particularly bad bit compared with the film as a whole!

D

Deleted member 26715

The Contractor (2022) on Prime

Washed up US Vet kicked out of the army with no pension
Meets friend who introduces him to a good guy whose really a bad guy
Good guy sends him out after a claimed bad guy who is really a good guy
End up having to kill bad guy who is good guy
Good guy whose is bad guy then sends many more good guys who you think are bad guys but are really good guys to kill US Vet
US Vet evades all capture & uses passport given by good guy who is bad guy to travel back to US & kill good guy bad guy
Original friend of course is still alive helps him & gets shot & dies in US Vets car
Film ends, clearly the scriptwriters having stole the plot of countless films ran out of budget before writing the last screen & just ended the film before it ended, which wasn't a bad thing.

6/10 unfortunately many more films have done the same plot better, but it passed 90 minutes on.

stephec

Squire
The Contractor (2022) on Prime

Washed up US Vet kicked out of the army with no pension
Meets friend who introduces him to a good guy whose really a bad guy
Good guy sends him out after a claimed bad guy who is really a good guy
End up having to kill bad guy who is good guy
Good guy whose is bad guy then sends many more good guys who you think are bad guys but are really good guys to kill US Vet
US Vet evades all capture & uses passport given by good guy who is bad guy to travel back to US & kill good guy bad guy
Original friend of course is still alive helps him & gets shot & dies in US Vets car
Film ends, clearly the scriptwriters having stole the plot of countless films ran out of budget before writing the last screen & just ended the film before it ended, which wasn't a bad thing.

6/10 unfortunately many more films have done the same plot better, but it passed 90 minutes on.

Sounds like it just needed Steven Segal in it to get an 8/10.

The newer one. Must watch the original again sometime.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
We've just seen Cabaret at the pictures. Made 50 years ago it fully deserved its 8 Oscars, and given it was up against the Godfather, that's going some. Perhaps Pacino was unlucky to be pipped for best supporting actor as Joel Grey got it for his genuinely fabulous turn as the sleazy Master of Ceremonies in the nightclub, I tend to see Pacino as the star of the Godfather rather than Brando - who did get anOscar.

Anyhow Cabaret is a brilliant film staring Liza Minelli who gives an astonishing (and Oscar winning) performance as an aspiring night club chanteuse, As well as being brilliant at the confident song and dance numbers she conveys in turn a damaged sad and naive young woman and confident party girl the next. The background is of course the rise of the Nazis, and the idyllic scene of the golden voiced teenager singing "tomorrow belongs to me" is one of the most chilling moments in cinema.

10/10 of quality cinema

Last edited:

stephec

Squire
Rita, Sue, and Bob too.

It must be over thirty years since I last watched it, it seems a lot seedier than I remember it, and I'm sure I laughed a lot more when I saw it then, mind you I was only about 19 then.

midlife

Guru
Rita, Sue, and Bob too.

It must be over thirty years since I last watched it, it seems a lot seedier than I remember it, and I'm sure I laughed a lot more when I saw it then, mind you I was only about 19 then.

Well, that's set off the Black Lace song earworm lol

Top Bottom