What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hate to admit I was talked into watching the remake of Papillon with my kids last week.Something I never usually do is watch remakes ! Especially American ones.
Needless to say it's shite..

Yeah, a pale immitation. The Steve McQueen character has the charm of a beer mat.

AndyRM

XOXO
Quite like him as a actor aswell...think he's a Geordie ? Played that giant of a role in Sons of Anarchy 😁

Hunnam? Yep. Born and bred. Which is why I found his accent in The Gentlemen so ridiculous. Nobody sounds like that round here.

Didn't detract from the film, which is great fun, but yeah, that was weird. He did it in something else, but I can't remember what it was!

Adam4868

Guru
Hunnam? Yep. Born and bred. Which is why I found his accent in The Gentlemen so ridiculous. Nobody sounds like that round here.

Didn't detract from the film, which is great fun, but yeah, that was weird. He did it in something else, but I can't remember what it was!
Probally has to tone it down for American audiences ! Saying that Brad Pitt's accent in Snatch was class....even my Irish partner gave it her seal of approval,which is rare !
Nowt to do with how he's easy on the eye though she says 🙄

AndyRM

XOXO
Probally has to tone it down for American audiences ! Saying that Brad Pitt's accent in Snatch was class....even my Irish partner gave it her seal of approval,which is rare !
Nowt to do with how he's easy on the eye though she says 🙄

That's the thing, I thought he played it up! Just to make it more obvious he wasn't a Southerner? I dunno, local bias maybe?

Fully agree on Snatch, whenever anyone asks me what colour I want something it's always,

"Prrwnkl bly"

And I wonder why I don't have any friends:cry:

Gwylan

Veteran
Watched a film about Marie Curie.
On BBC, worth looking for.

Avoided repeats of jubilee lovie fest.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I didn't think much of those movies the first time but the second time i enjoyed them more.

I don't get it - why would you watch movies again that you hadn't enjoyed the first time round? :wacko:

The only times that I have done it is when I had forgotten that I had watched them before. My usual reaction is to become increasingly irritated then shout at myself and stop watching once I finally realise.

Adam4868

Guru
Broken Flowers for the second time....worth watching again though.I like the film,great cast and it's got Bill Murray what's not to like 😁

Top Bottom