What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Ive heard the hobbit 2 is quite good. I fancy watching it.
isn't it called Return of the Hobbit?

"About Time" - Richard Curtis' offering from the end of last year
Almost really enjoyed it, well filmed and acted - just something I can't quite put my finger on - the morality voice over at the end perhaps? Worth a watch though...

AndyRM

XOXO
Finished Pandorum - it's... I dunno really, I quite like it for the ambition, but it ends up feeling like a mish-mash of space horror movies that have ended up better.

I was hoping to see Raid 2 tonight, but it's not on at the only cinema I can tolerate.

El Mariachi it is!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The Raid: Redemption.... an Indonesian action movie, written and directed by a Welshman... lots of fighting, lots of guns, lots of death... and good death at that. 7/10 for senseless action.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Cross of Iron - very interesting and really pretty damn good (anti) war movie, directed by Sam Peckinpah and with a great central performance from James Coburn.

AndyRM

XOXO
just don't watch it :thumbsup:

You couldn't pay me to. Raid is one of the most perfect action films I've ever seen.

My comment was more about the completely unnecessary remakes that Hollywood seems to persist with. Asia and Scandinavia have been pillaged in recent years, and the English speaking versions are a pale imitation of the originals. Saying that, they don't even look that far abroad, having modernised and castrated many classic horror films from their own shores. And ours: nobody should ever be forgiven for Wickerman.

This rant wasn't aimed at you @MontyVeda by the way. You just sparked my outrage about cinematic atrocities. Which @welsh dragon started in the first place ^_^

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
You couldn't pay me to. Raid is one of the most perfect action films I've ever seen.

My comment was more about the completely unnecessary remakes that Hollywood seems to persist with. Asia and Scandinavia have been pillaged in recent years, and the English speaking versions are a pale imitation of the originals. Saying that, they don't even look that far abroad, having modernised and castrated many classic horror films from their own shores. And ours: nobody should ever be forgiven for Wickerman.

This rant wasn't aimed at you @MontyVeda by the way. You just sparked my outrage about cinematic atrocities. Which @welsh dragon started in the first place ^_^

Ooops :shy: i am very very sorry gentlemem. I promise.......... no in fact i dont.:laugh:

Top Bottom