What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doseone

Guru
Your right it is a bit dated now, but still good. I watched it about a year ago, and enjoyed it.
I think the 80's stuff is part of the appeal, makes me cringe to look at the stuff I wore back then!! That film has such a great theme tune too.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I think the 80's stuff is part of the appeal, makes me cringe to look at the stuff I wore back then!! That film has such a great theme tune too.

I know., its quite funny and embarrassing to look back and think, my god I looked like that, or I wore things like that, and the cgi, and the acting can sometimes be very cringe worthy, but I still enjoy some of the films.

welsh dragon

Mirror mirror. Yes I know it's yet another remake of snow white, but this latest one with julia roberts was quite funny. So 6/10

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Last night I watched Aliens... I don't recall the FX being quite so shoddy the first fifty million times i watched it... but then again, i had just watched a Ray Harryhausen documentary so it did have a hard act to follow.

The night before that i watched...
the-machine-poster.jpg

... it started out as a good, stylish sci-fi... made in Wales... maybe a Bladerunner wannabe... but towards the end one can quite literally see the budget and ideas draining away, almost haemorrhaging... which is a shame because it could have been so much better.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I watched a British fillum called The Disappearance of Alice Creed which was a tolerably good way to waste a couple of hours.7/10

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Yes,
The King's Speech.
Not seen it before and I've had it on DVD for months but not got around to watching it. Loved it. Even Hubster enjoyed it.
it is excellent, I wonder how near the truth it actually is. Unfortunately mine was a pirated copy (the only type we get here) which kept flashing "property of so an so corporation do not copy". If they make a film down here they have just two weeks to make their money back before the Nigerians get hold of it!

I watched The Prisoner with Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal.

By coincidence I'd been talking about that film earlier in the day with two friends, who told me about the scene when a 'prisoner' was released from the shower!

(Un)Fortunately that part was cut from the version I saw. It was an enjoyable film with a few unexpected twists in it.

Jake Gyllenhaal played his character very well indeed.

Definitely recommended.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
This is 40 - third time around for me. Still makes me laugh out loud.

and before that "Inside Man", best film Spike Lee ever directed.

welsh dragon

The chamber. Starring Gene Hackman. It's about a member of the Ku Klux Klan who is on death row for murdering 2 children and injuring they're jewish father 16 years earlier.
His grandson, now a lawyer sets out to have his grandfather's sentence commuted to life. Excellent film. 8/10

Top Bottom