What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
Now that would be an amazing double feature. :wacko:

I've seen it all the way through at least twice, including at the Prince Charles with a Q&A after with Tommy and Greg.

Hmm, millions would not believe you but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Fire in Babylon - great documentary about Clive Lloyd & the boys, who decided to stick it to the man...

I was struck, in passing, by the listing in IMDB, and their top-line choice of 'stars'...

View attachment 341519

...three white guys, none of whom actually appears in the film, rather than any of 'the greatest team ever', about whom the film was made, who give extensive interviews throughout.

I remember seeing that a few years back, and I'm old enough to remember that amazing team walloping England regularly. We'd get 5 of the buggers out and Viv would come in and score a 100 in about 15 minutes. Magnificent to watch thei bowling too. England weren't a bad side back then either, but Windies were something else.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I remember seeing that a few years back, and I'm old enough to remember that amazing team walloping England regularly. We'd get 5 of the buggers out and Viv would come in and score a 100 in about 15 minutes. Magnificent to watch thei bowling too. England weren't a bad side back then either, but Windies were something else.
Absolutely. The other really striking thing about the old footage - pun notwithstanding - was watching batsmen face up to the likes of Thompson, Lillle, and subsequently the great Windies pace attack, without any kind of protection. You couldn't watch it without flinching, even 40 years on.

gbb

Squire
This afternoon while it's gloomy and damp here...Blue Murder at St Trinians.
Classic stuff, Terry Thomas, George Cole, etc etc...so many good one liners slipped in, had me chuckling.

gbb

Squire
Also tried Hamburger Hill....too much gung-ho ho shouty shout, stern look, over acting. Managed 1/2 hour, turned it over.
Now watching Great Raid, plan to rescue US soldiers from a brutal prisoner camp.
Lots more stern look, typical American over acting...for instance, what I noticed was its two guys talking but it's not a conversation, it's two guys taking turns to speak their lines, it doesn't flow, trying to add intensity makes it false. Suffering it while both of us are a bit under the weather :whistle:

keithmac

Guru
Watched "The Equalizer" on Channel 5, seen it before but still a cracking film.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Un Bacio (One Kiss)

Two boys and girl. All three outcasts. One boy wants to be Lady Gaga, the other a sports star, the girl just wants out of it. Gaga has a crush on the jock, the jock a crush on the girl and the girl is in a demeaning relationship with an older student but would prefer one (or both) of the two boys. Starts off glorious, sags a little when the OTT ideas budget seems to run out and then gets obesely heavy. The three sets of parents are relief valves to vent anger, frustration and love. A film with two endings, both of them plausible.

Oh, come on now. Just go and watch the film!

The trailer seems to be aimed at a different audience than the film

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg9avYV3FPs

Last edited:

Sandra6

Veteran
I, Daniel Blake -I cried. And got cross. And cried. 8/10
Also watched Captain Fantastic, which was amazing, but we weren't expecting full frontal male nudity and a very crude explanation of sex. Turns out its a 15 not a 12. 9/10

Saluki

World class procrastinator
The Langoliers. A made for TV job with David Morse in it. I read it years ago as it's in the Four Past Midnight book by Stephen King. Nice story. The film wasn't as bad as I thought it would be either.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
At the weekend we watched Pixels. Aliens attack in the form of video games.
My expectations were low, and it met them.
It's not an awful film, and has some nice moments if you like classic 80s video games, but it's basically crap.
The kids liked it.

3.78442 /10

AndyRM

XOXO
At the weekend we watched Pixels. Aliens attack in the form of video games.
My expectations were low, and it met them.
It's not an awful film, and has some nice moments if you like classic 80s video games, but it's basically crap.
The kids liked it.

3.78442 /10

Should have stuck with the short!

Top Bottom