What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Francis Ha. The biggest load of pretentious tosh I've ever seen. I don't think I've seen a film before that I truly loathe but I have now.

A story of a self obsessed annoying bint dancer and her equally obsessed New York friends, all of whom I wanted to bash with a cricket bat. Made in black and white probably because they had no money, B&W ffs.

Don't bother with this film it's shite. 0/10 it has no redeeming qualities at all.
And by the sounds of things, to paraphrase Bill Shankly, 'It was lucky to get nothing."

Leaway2

Lycrist
Reindeer games. Passable caper film. Ben Affleck lands himself in a situation where he gets involved in a heist organised by deranged villain, Gary Sinise.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The Usual Suspects. I haven't seen this for some years and had forgotten the plot, but not the ending. Bloody good film, fab cast and Spacey is a one man acting masterclass. 7/10.

gbb

Squire
:laugh::laugh: I love Sci fi films. Last night I thought I'd watch an old one I didn't remember seeing. Lifeforce, 1985.
Oh dear God, acting really has come a long way. Woody acting, pauses for effect that were too long, stern voices at times as though trying to impose an important point, hopelessly overdone...:rofl:, the cringing looks of horror at times were laughable.

Oh dear, it was probably an OK film in its time, but it hasn't stood the test of time.

Drago

Legendary Member
16 Blocks.

The highlight was seeing Bruce Willis in a syrup. I'm not sure if the mustache was real or a stunt double. A good start, which descended to crapness with a treacly morally introspective ending that didn't suit the film. 3/10.

U

User169

Francis Ha. The biggest load of pretentious tosh I've ever seen. I don't think I've seen a film before that I truly loathe but I have now.

A story of a self obsessed annoying bint dancer and her equally obsessed New York friends, all of whom I wanted to bash with a cricket bat. Made in black and white probably because they had no money, B&W ffs.

Don't bother with this film it's shite. 0/10 it has no redeeming qualities at all.

I want to watch this now! Quite like Greta Gerwig as an actor, so am a bit surprised it could be quite that bad.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
:laugh::laugh: I love Sci fi films. Last night I thought I'd watch an old one I didn't remember seeing. Lifeforce, 1985.
Oh dear God, acting really has come a long way. Woody acting, pauses for effect that were too long, stern voices at times as though trying to impose an important point, hopelessly overdone...:rofl:, the cringing looks of horror at times were laughable.

Oh dear, it was probably an OK film in its time, but it hasn't stood the test of time.
I think some of the special effects in Lifeforce stand up to the test of time... but those aside, it is quite hammy.

Reactions: gbb

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I want to watch this now! Quite like Greta Gerwig as an actor, so am a bit surprised it could be quite that bad.

On your own head be it, but really I wouldn't waste your time, it is without a single shadow of a doubt the worst film I have seen, and the character that Gerwig plays is the most irritating thing in a film that is irritating to the end, even the trailers of the other films on the DVD are really bloody irritating. A complete and utter waste of polycarbonate plastic.

Last edited:

gbuch

Warrior. Superb drama about mixed martial arts. Tom Hardy , Joel Edgerton and Nick Nolte star. Re-watched and still cried at the end!

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Let's suppose, yes indulge me and imagine for a moment, that you are, say, one of four middle-aged Polish women. Horizons are restricted by bleak mid-rise Soviet flats and the pigments have been bleached out of the muted pastels of life. But it's 1990 and Communism has fallen! Huzzah!!

What would be on your bucket list?

A new pair of Levi's? A skiing holiday in Czechoslovakia? Sex with a priest? Aquarobics lessons? A husband returning from Germany? The death of your feckless lover's daughter? Sex with the woman who lives opposite? A man to abuse you in a drunken stupor?

I don't know any of the answers but director Tomasz Wasilewski knows how unfulfilling faded beige and urinals green are. 6/10. Very good.

ETA:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC_XphZ-tU0

Last edited:
Top Bottom